Incorrect episode labelled

Started by DeFenn, November 25, 2019, 04:28:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeFenn

Yesterday was the second episode for Hamish and Andy but guide said it was the first. As a result dvr did not record episode. Is this something that comes from ice tv or channel 9? How can I ensure this does not occur? I'm running plex as dvr and subscribe to ice TV guide.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi DeFenn,

Are you on the latest version of the Plex Media Server?

Looking at the feed we don't have unique episode names for 'Hamish & Andy's Perfect Holiday', but they should be showing up as separate airings within Plex, in the same way that news broadcasts are, so it looks like something definitely a bit weird is happening here.

We have reached out to Plex to find out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi DeFenn,

Just a quick update, someone from Plex is going to have a dig into this one tomorrow, so hopefully we will know some more after that.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Peter_H

I noticed the same problem - I'm also using Plex.  Definitely the latest version of PMS. 
I looked into this just before Daniel replied, but thought I'd go ahead and report my findings anyway

Plex is showing all episodes of this show as "S0 E1" which is a bit weird.
The IceTV XMLTV file labels all episodes as <episode-num system="thetvdb.com">series/371180</episode-num>
I'm not sure if Plex recognises those types of episodes.  And even if it did, they're all labelled the same.
Could IceTV maybe add a <episode-num system="SxxExx"> tag for these shows as well?

Failing that, I have a suggestion for DeFenn.
Episode 2 is screening again on 9Go at 7:30pm on Wed (at least in Sydney - I don't know where you are).
With the current episode numbering, this would again refuse to record.
But if you rename the existing episode from your Plex library, and Scan Library Files, then the new episode should record.  Do the same with the Wed episode, so that episode 3 can record next Sunday night.  Then rename them all correctly after that! 

Or you could just watch and delete them before the next episode screens - but you might be like me and record far more stuff that you have time to watch! :-)
Using Plex on QNAP NAS & NVidia Shield. In Sydney

DeFenn

Thanks Peter... I thought of that work around also. Just a pain having to do so. Especially not knowing after the second airing.

Regarding ice TV guide... plex seems to get season and episode information from guide. I've looked at other guides like TV guide from FreeTV app and that is showing correct episode info for this Wednesday repeat and this Sunday's new episode.  Not sure if any of this helps.

DeFenn

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 25, 2019, 05:25:04 PM
Hi DeFenn,

Just a quick update, someone from Plex is going to have a dig into this one tomorrow, so hopefully we will know some more after that.

Hi Daniel

Any updates?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: DeFenn on November 27, 2019, 09:50:39 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 25, 2019, 05:25:04 PM
Hi DeFenn,

Hi Daniel

Any updates?

Hi Defenn,

Not as yet sadly, they are still looking into it but have no updates as yet.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.