IceTV fetch failing??

Started by antc, April 09, 2007, 07:40:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

antc

Hey all, ive got a icebox2/TF5000 setup that has been working fine ever since ive set it up, but i went to check my guide tonight and there is no data.  Tried doing a fetch, and it keeps failing.  below is the message being posted in the fetch log.  anyone know whats up??

Apr  9 19:32:48 (none) kern.info /usr/bin/ice_guide_daemon[644]:        signalHandler: Caught SIGALRM
Apr  9 19:32:48 (none) kern.warn /usr/bin/ice_guide_daemon[644]:        signalHandler: PID(1633) still running.... Killing.
Apr  9 19:32:48 (none) kern.warn /usr/bin/ice_guide_daemon[644]: execCmdWithTimeout: Child was KILLED by Signal(9)
Apr  9 19:32:48 (none) kern.warn /usr/bin/ice_guide_daemon[644]: Error, could not retrieve EPG
Apr  9 19:32:48 (none) kern.warn /usr/bin/ice_guide_daemon[644]:        signalHandler: Fetch failed.

antc

anyone able to help at all  ???

brianh

I'm in Sydney, it has been fetching OK for me; is it up & running again yet?  If not, try giving ICE  a call rather than email.

Cheers,
Brian H

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The errors you are seeing are because the fetch has taken too long to download the guide data and timed out.

Was this a once off? or has it happened multiple times?

Are you on a broadband plan that includes shaping, and are you currently shaped?

Are you having any troubles accessing the site http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

antc

Thanks for the replies.  Ive had the Icebox setup for 3-4 weeks now and its been working fine till last nite.  Everytime it tries fetching it fails.  Just tried it now and same deal.  Broadband internet, all running fine.  Long way off my cap.  And i can access that site fine.  I can access the icebox setup page fine, and the icebox is connecting to the toppy/network fine.