ICEguide4Topfield

Started by kev_mul, January 11, 2007, 04:28:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kev_mul

Hi
What is the status of ICEguide4Topfield for the Mac? Nathan Noates says he has given the source to you guys.
Is it being developed?  I'm particularly interested in automation.  Or failing that making it scriptable. 

Cheers
Kev.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are currently focusing on our new PIMP service and its integration with EyeTV and Vista.

While we do have the code for Nathan's application and do wish develop it further we do not have a time frame for when this could occur.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

kev_mul

Hi Daniel
Is this app now closed source?

Kev.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As far as I was aware this was never open sourced.

We were sent a copy from Nathan and were also allowed full use to add to and use his code.

If you are interested in developing the application further you would need to contact Nathan Oates first.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

kev_mul

Thanks Daniel. Will do.
Kev.

RubberChicken

As a paying customer it would be nice to see some of that going towards developing the mac version of this software. I've waited patiently since Nathan first made me aware of the fact he had provided you with the code, well before this thread was started - nearly a year now. At that time I was assured it was happening (see below), then it just seems to be pushed aside by every bright shiny project requiring your attention. I rely on this software to get the guide data into my Toppy, solely through Nathan's generosity. Is there any intention of developing this?

Quote from: pvogel on July 31, 2006, 02:20:34 PM
Yes, Nathan has offered his code for us to embelish.  It is on our TODO list and we hope to have something with scheduled guide updates in the next couple of weeks.

Peter Vogel
CTO IceTV

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: RubberChicken on April 03, 2007, 10:29:25 AM
it just seems to be pushed aside by every bright shiny project requiring your attention

Although this may be the case due to some rather larger projects on the go at the moment including integration into Vista, the Topfield TF7000HDPVRt and adding further features to PIMP just to name a few along with the fact that we have very limited resources as a small start-up... rest assured that we do have intentions to develop this version for Mac users like yourself.

We appreciate you waiting patiently for this to happen and can understand your frustration after the reply from our former CTO Peter Vogel back in July of last year.

Once we have overcome and finished some of our more 'higher priority' development work we will then be able to get back and address this issue.... which we do indeed intend to do. Unfortunately at this stage I cannot give a timeframe for this, but as soon as we complete the necessary work we will notify all Forum Members and IceTV subscribers.

Matt Kossatz
GM IceTV

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803