Movie: The Divine Order - synopsis problems

Started by prl, September 16, 2019, 12:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Movie: The Divine Order (Aka: Die Gottliche Ordnung), SBS World Movies, 19:30, Thu, 19 Sep

Should be "göttliche" (or perhaps "Göttliche", I'm not sure of the case rules for titles in German), but definitely not "Gottliche". "Goettliche" if you want to transliterate without the umlaut. Even my big Warig doesn't have an entry for "Gottliche".

Also, IceTV has it as "2017, Switzerland, Swedish", which seemes unlikely. IMDB says:
Language: Swiss German, German, English, Italian
Which seems more likely. The shooting location, if not the scene of the action, was in Appenzell Ausserrhoden where Swiss German would be spoken.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi prl,

While we have fixed a lot of the issues with these characters in our API's, there are still some issues that need to be worked on internally which can cause some of these.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

The issue with the umlaut seems to me to be that there simply isn't one, rather than it being an encoding problem (similarly for the director's name in The Guilty).

The movie's language information in IceTV, though, is just a matter of verifying what the data should be. It seems unlikely that a movie made in Switzerland about the lead-up to the 1971 Swiss referendum on women's suffrage in federal elections would have Swedish dialog, though I guess it's not impossible.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Alison

Hi Prl,

Daniel is still looking into the umlaut issue, I have put it back into the title as a test case. I also changed the language from Swedish to German, as it's listed as Swiss German on IMDB and German is the closest match.

Thanks,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

BazzaG

No foreign language requirements for the Ashes cricket, yet ....

Cricket: The Ashes
9Gem HD Melbourne / Sun Sun 8 Sep, 21:55

2019 - Fourth Test - England V Australia - Day 5 - Afternoon Session
Well Red Rover, it ain�t yet over and that Ben Stokes will be getting a knighthood quicker than you can say �beat Australia by one�! Smith, where are you? One each and a draw, if Headingly was compelling, Old Trafford will be riveting with two brilliant, implacable teams holding victory within their grasp. Oh you lucky cricket tragics, you.

Alison

Hi BazzaG,

Yes, this is the same issue but in regards to "fancy text" in this case, it is an apostrophe that comes out as that result. This too is a known issue and Daniel is working on it.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use