Seachange ... Wrong season number

Started by BazzaG, August 14, 2019, 01:28:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

The revived show - Seachange currently broadcasting on Nine is listed as Season 1, Episode xx:

Laura does what she can to persuade Miranda not to give up her baby for adoption. And a full moon shows Laura a softer, more romantic Fin.

Sigrid Thornton, John Howard, Kerry Armstrong, Brooke Satchwell, Dan Wylie, Katrina Milosevic, Darren McMullen,

Series, Australia, English, Drama, Season 1 Episode 2

It's NOT season 1 but Season 4.

Also, the season number doesn't appear in the EIT data sent to my U4.

grumpy_geoff

On 9Now it lists it as -
Season 1
After losing her job in Africa, former magistrate Laura Gibson returns to Pearl Bay to visit her daughter. But after two decades, Pearl Bay has changed in ways that will challenge everything Laura believes about life, love and family.
https://www.9now.com.au/seachange

prl

Yes, it's the first season of Seachange made for Nine. But it's the follow-on of the series made for the ABC. It even has the same actors continuing in some of the main roles, for example Sigrid Thornton as Laura Gibson, John Howard (the not-the-former-PM one) as Bob Jelly and Kerry Armstrong as Heather Jelly.

IMDb lists it as series 4.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

So does Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SeaChange#Season_4

and a number of other TV episode sites. However, the most authoritative source would be Screen Australia:

https://www.screenaustralia.gov.au/the-screen-guide/t/seachange-series/15100

which has the new season listed by its working Title: Seachange: Paradise Reclaimed 2019

but Nine simply went with "Seachange" as shown in the opening credits.

Nine list the show as "Season 1", simply because its the first season shown on Nine.

Tiphanee

Hi there -

Thanks for the discussion regarding Seachange.

We had a similar issue when it was being scheduled a couple of weeks ago. Initially, it was thought that it should be Season 4 but as the Broadcaster and guides were labelling it Season 1, I decided to keep it consistent.

After further discussion today, it will be labelled correctly as Season 4 and I will update the episodes this afternoon.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

ps. Out of curiosity, Colin was wondering why it has become an issue when it doesn't impact on recordings ;)
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

BazzaG

ps. Out of curiosity, Colin was wondering why it has become an issue when it doesn't impact on recordings

I accept that it doesn't affect the recording, however, for me, it's simply correctness.

I would also say the same about Nine and their listing of Seachange ... just because it's the first season broadcast by Nine, doesn't mean that its the 1st season of Seachange!!!

-----

I also mentioned in my opening post that the Season number wasn't been pasted to the EIT data on my U4.

When I look at the online listing, I see:

Seachange

'Episode 3'

9HD Melbourne, 8:40pm, Tue, 20 Aug 2019, 60 minutes

Pearl Bay is getting a tad too full of family members for Miranda's peace of mind. And Laura's peace of mind is shattered by Anna's intentions with baby Joe.

Sigrid Thornton, John Howard, Kerry Armstrong, Brooke Satchwell, Dan Wylie, Katrina Milosevic, Darren McMullen,

Series, Australia, English, Drama, Season 4 Episode 3

When I look at the U4 timer, only the "Episode 3" is shown, not -- "Season 4, Episode 3".

OK, I accept that I'm being picky again, but I would really like to season & episode data for not only Seachange but for just about everything else.

Everything broadcast has a season & episode number, in either formats:

Season XX, Episode ZZ, or
Season YYYY, Episode ZZ

I realise that this data is probably not included in what is issued by the various networks, but at least wherever possible can both the Season & Episode number be included in the EIT data.

Thanks Muchly...

-----

Finally, last nights broadcast of Seachange had several broadcast errors, so I setup a single recording for the repeat at 1:00pm today (Wednesday). I start recordings 5 mins prior to the scheduled start, however, when I looked at the today's recording I still missed the first 2mins 40secs.

Oh well, it gets repeated again on Sunday arvo ... 3rd time lucky, so they say (it is a recording that I'm keeping, so I want a clean copy if I can and in this case, VRD's QuickStream Fix, can't fix the problem without deleting several seconds from several places in the broadcast where the digital signal broke up.

Edit ....

I searched YourTV:

https://www.yourtv.com.au/search?q=seachange&region=94

and according to it there's repeat of Seachange @ 3pm on Sunday August 18th in Melbourne.

But IceTV (and other local TV EPG sites) have The Block 2019.

Not sure who's right and who's wrong.

prl

Quote from: Tiphanee on August 14, 2019, 01:02:49 PM
ps. Out of curiosity, Colin was wondering why it has become an issue when it doesn't impact on recordings ;)

I only noticed it because of BazzaG's post, but I remember the first 3 series of Seachange (my daughter was a fan), and calling the series reboot "season 1" just didn't seem right, especially when major characters are being continued by the same actors.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

The silence is, as they say, DEAFENING.

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect a reply to the issues that I've raised in this thread. The same thing is happening here as what happened in a post I raised back in June ... ask what could be termed a "hard" question and get no response.

PS...If someone doesn't want to respond in a pubic forum, that's fine. You have my email addy and even my phone #.

As to whether or not Seachange is on 9/9HD on Sunday arvo in Melbourne:

Ourguide, Freeview & On TV Tonight *ALL* list Seachange @ 3pm in Melbourne.

That wasn't the situation a day or so back, but so far the only TV Listing site that I've looked at today to say otherwise is ... IceTV.

raymondjpg

Quote from: BazzaG on August 16, 2019, 02:24:15 PMAs to whether or not Seachange is on 9/9HD on Sunday arvo in Melbourne:

Ourguide, Freeview & On TV Tonight *ALL* list Seachange @ 3pm in Melbourne.

For the record yourtv.com is listing a Seachange repeat on Sunday morning (simulcast on 9 and 9HD) for the ACT, but there is no such listing in the OTA EPG for that day. Clearly a popular program to justify so many repeats, but the disparity between advertised schedules and the EPG suggests to me that the repeat timings may be a moving feast.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

BazzaG

Well I just checked the embedded EPG data in the FTA signal and yep, Seachange is listed for Sunday 18th August @ 3pm on 9 & 9HD (Melbourne).

raymondjpg

Quote from: BazzaG on August 16, 2019, 05:42:08 PMWell I just checked the embedded EPG data in the FTA signal and yep, Seachange is listed for Sunday 18th August @ 3pm on 9 & 9HD (Melbourne).

I have used the FTA EPG and autotimers for many years now and so far found them to be reliable, so I'd be setting a timer for Seachange on Sunday based on what you saw.

In the ACT there is a repeat scheduled for tomorrow (Saturday) in the IceTV EPG which is in accordance with what I could see in the FTA EPG. I'm not sure why ACT and Melbourne scheduled repeats should have been scheduled differently, so I'd be double checking to see if there is a Seachange repeat scheduled for tomorrow in the Melbourne FTA EPG.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

BazzaG

Not sure that will work since IceTV provide the EPG data ... which is why I want IceTV to update their EPG.

I've only owned the Beyonwiz U4 for 2 months or so and haven't tried to set a manual timer since I been using IceTV from day 1.

I'll take a look later.

raymondjpg

Quote from: BazzaG on August 16, 2019, 06:03:36 PMNot sure that will work since IceTV provide the EPG data ... which is why I want IceTV to update their EPG.

I've only owned the Beyonwiz U4 for 2 months or so and haven't tried to set a manual timer since I been using IceTV from day 1.

I'll take a look later.

Try setting a manual timer for the time period you ascertained from the FTA EPG. Call it what you like. If Seachange is indeed broadcast as indicated from the FTA EPG it can be renamed later.

Any indication that there may be a repeat broadcast tomorrow (Saturday)?

BazzaG

What I was going to do was simply record whatever show IceTV had for that time. I'm already recording the Netball which is the show that precedes it, so I could also simply extend the recording.

Given my age I tend to forget some "things to do", so I wanted the EPG to be correct while I remember it. Having said that, I've spent so much time on this I'm no likely to forget to do so.

I wouldn't need to do so if the Tuesday night broadcast didn't have several major breakups to the digital signal, or the EPG data for the Wednesday repeat was correct and I didn't miss the 1st 2' 45" of the that broadcast.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: raymondjpg on August 16, 2019, 06:16:07 PM
Quote from: BazzaG on August 16, 2019, 06:03:36 PMNot sure that will work since IceTV provide the EPG data ... which is why I want IceTV to update their EPG.

I'll take a look later.

Try setting a manual timer for the time period you ascertained from the FTA EPG. Call it what you like. If Seachange is indeed broadcast as indicated from the FTA EPG it can be renamed later.

That won't work, as IceTV will get the manual timer and adjust it to match the program event it best matches to in their guide and then resend it.
Best to do this - disable IceTV, zap to any service from Nine to populate the FTA EPG for Nine, bring up the EPG and page forward (CH+) to Sunday and set the timer.
Then re-enable IceTV and 'Fetch EPG and update timers now' (or just wait for the next fetch cycle).