La Vuelta Espania - Live Stages vs Daily Highlights

Started by vader1111, August 19, 2019, 11:08:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

The Vuelta a'Espania is the Spanish equivalent of the Tour de France, with SBS providing a similar level of coverage.  SBS will be showing every stage live, with the first stage starting at 2:45AM on Sunday (SBS VICELAND HD).  They also show daily highlights, with the first starting at 17:05 (SBS HD).  Both the Live Stages and the Daily Highlights are currently coded in IceTV as "Cycling: La Vuelta".  Would it be possible to code these separately, as is done with the Tour?

grumpy_geoff

If you don't want the daily highlights to record, you could set up a keyword recording for it, excluding the highlights programming -
title:"La Vuelta" -title:"Highlights".

vader1111

Actually, I only want the Highlights, not the Live Stages.

I could setup an AutoTimer, but these are clearly separate shows and should be coded accordingly.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: vader1111 on August 19, 2019, 03:55:11 PM
Actually, I only want the Highlights, not the Live Stages.

I could setup an AutoTimer, but these are clearly separate shows and should be coded accordingly.

Then a keyword search of:
title:"La Vuelta" +title:"Highlights"
should only record the highlights showings.

vader1111

I just tried that, and got nothing.  I suspect the problem is that "Highlights" is in the description field, not part of the title.

MD

Please sit tight for an hour and the guide team member responsive for SBS will get back to you

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: vader1111 on August 19, 2019, 04:23:09 PM
I just tried that, and got nothing.  I suspect the problem is that "Highlights" is in the description field, not part of the title.

'title' matches against both series and episode names.  Where I got it wrong was the '+' I think.
title:"La Vuelta" title:Highlights
That shows (currently) for me -
Cycling: La Vuelta '2019 - Highlights Stage 1'

edit:
Results - https://ibb.co/tm4G6rH

vader1111

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on August 19, 2019, 04:44:01 PM
Quote from: vader1111 on August 19, 2019, 04:23:09 PM

'title' matches against both series and episode names.  Where I got it wrong was the '+' I think.
title:"La Vuelta" title:Highlights
That shows (currently) for me -
Cycling: La Vuelta '2019 - Highlights Stage 1'

edit:
Results - https://ibb.co/tm4G6rH
That works!  That said, I still think it should be coded as separate shows.  I'm happy to wait and see what their SBS team member comes up with - the first recording is still 6 days away.

Alison

Hi grumpy_geoff,
I will be separating the highlights episodes into it's own program like to Tour de France. This will fix the issue going forward and the guide will be updated shortly.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

vader1111

Quote from: Alison on August 19, 2019, 05:05:35 PM
Hi grumpy_geoff,
I will be separating the highlights episodes into it's own program like to Tour de France. This will fix the issue going forward and the guide will be updated shortly.

Regards,
Alison.
Awesome, thanks Alison!

Alison

I also fixed the title to "Cycling: La Vuelta A Espania" as SBS only had it as "Cycling: La Vuelta"

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team