Cannot update Guide. Error Message Enclosed - FIXED

Started by ozhound, June 14, 2007, 11:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ozhound

System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'ehiProxy, Version=6.0.3000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.
File name: 'ehiProxy, Version=6.0.3000.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35'
   at IceTV.MainForm.sendGuideUpdateCommand()
   at IceTV.MainForm.doGuideUpdate()

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.
To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.
Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.
To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

I reinstalled Windows Vista Ultimate and the guide hasnt been able to automatically update since. Giving me the proverbials since I have to manually update the guide every 8-10 days.

Ive posted about this before. How about some suggestions this time?

EDIT: i just saw someone post a similar error in another post and i thought i would try to uninstall the delete the icetv directory.

This fixed the problem. MCE and Server are successfully transfering data between each other again.