The Project - repeats

Started by Peter_H, June 19, 2019, 11:10:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter_H

I was wondering if repeats of The Project could be named the same as the original screening?

Here's the problem...
I figured I should know a bit more about what's going on in the world and decided to record The Project rather than just dramas and comedies.
I'm using Plex, and initially setup to record new episodes only and to keep for 7 days.  But frequently I'd miss the original prime time screening (because I really am recording too much other stuff!).   So then I set it to record repeats too.  But IceTV names each episode with both the date and time of the screening, so Plex sees these as different episodes, and records both of them.

What I need ideally is for the episodes to be named with the date only, rather than time too.
Except that, if a repeat screens at/after midnight, then it would have to have the name of the previous night's episode (which is the one it's repeating, rather than the current date).

Is that possible, or is that asking too much?

Peter
Using Plex on QNAP NAS & NVidia Shield. In Sydney

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Peter,

The episode numbering for shows like The Project that are not episodic are auto generated by the system, and it was specifically because of The Project that the time was also added to the episode (instead of just the date) as otherwise Plex was showing a showing just after midnight on a given day (which was a repeat of the night before) as the same episode that was on that night (which it wasn't).

Unfortunately there is no other way to handle this at the moment given how Plex uses XMLTV feeds.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Peter_H

Hi Daniel,
I understand that what I want cannot work if your episode names are auto-generated.  I think it would require you to name the episodes by hand for this to work, and deal with the after-midnight repeats, rather than a change to how Plex uses the XMLTV.  Unless of course your system for auto-naming could be configured some other way.  If you're not able to do that, it's fine.  I'll just keep The Project low on my recording priority list, so that the repeats don't interfere with other recordings, and if I miss an occasional episode, then no big deal.  I'll rarely find time to watch them anyway! :-)
Peter
Using Plex on QNAP NAS & NVidia Shield. In Sydney