Account guide settings

Started by simoncasey, June 18, 2019, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 09:19:49 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Actually, they've been broadcasting a permanent message on the screen saying that Viceland was moving today for at least a week. But you would only see it if you watched the SD channel

Yeah, still not good enough though in terms of updating guide data.

And now the question is when regional areas will have the SD channel turned off as well.

Does it say on the channel itself under the logo?

Nope, nothing at all, just the standard Viceland logo.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 09:20:41 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 09:19:49 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Actually, they've been broadcasting a permanent message on the screen saying that Viceland was moving today for at least a week. But you would only see it if you watched the SD channel

Yeah, still not good enough though in terms of updating guide data.

And now the question is when regional areas will have the SD channel turned off as well.

Does it say on the channel itself under the logo?

Nope, nothing at all, just the standard Viceland logo.
Maybe you're not getting World Movies?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 09:23:09 PM
Maybe you're not getting World Movies?

It's possible, but not likely, more than likely they just haven't gotten around to updating the channels as yet, especially as this change today was not communicated at all (just the 1st July change), and there is no mention of not going to regional areas on the updated page today.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Trial_Master

LCN 32 looped promo in Brisbane.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The guide has been updated now in all Capital Cities to reflect the looped promo, but left as is for regional areas, will monitor the situation and try and get some clarity from SBS.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 09:36:18 PM
The guide has been updated now in all Capital Cities to reflect the looped promo, but left as is for regional areas, will monitor the situation and try and get some clarity from SBS.
Cool. I'm glad I mentioned it now.

csutak40

I've been largely ignoring all this SBS mess.  I usually set recordings to "any network" (since a few of my shows have emigrated to different networks) so I figured it will sort itself out.
So, should I do something different?  I suppose I should do a re-scan after the 1st July to get the correct names etc.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

blip

Orange, NSW now has the World Movies promo loop on LCN 32.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Guys,

We got some more info back from SBS this afternoon that all regional areas are now playing the advert loop, and we have updated the guide accordingly.

An email is currently on it's way out to everyone as well advising to use SBS Viceland HD from now on.

It also does look like a re-scan will be needed when SBS World Movies starts as well, we will send another email to customers just before it starts to advise of this, we are just trying to get some clarity now on when the change will be done by SBS to see if it can be done before the actual programming starts.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on June 18, 2019, 10:47:22 PM
I've been largely ignoring all this SBS mess.  I usually set recordings to "any network" (since a few of my shows have emigrated to different networks) so I figured it will sort itself out.
So, should I do something different?  I suppose I should do a re-scan after the 1st July to get the correct names etc.

If you have SBS Viceland HD enabled then it won't affect you at all.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.