Account guide settings

Started by simoncasey, June 18, 2019, 02:01:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

As part of trying to get the SBS channel changes working I tried to update the guide settings on https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/my-account/

It's quite confusing as there is a statement:
-Unchecked channels will be hidden in the online TV guide and iPhone app. Disabled channels won't be sent to PVRs.

However, the check box that used to be there isn't there anymore so that statement no longer makes any sense

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi simoncasey,

Thanks for the heads up, we have updated the text to better reflect how the page now works.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Thanks, that makes sense now

But I should add, your guide is still showing stuff on SBS Viceland (SD). That's stopped broadcasting now so anybody who is recording on that channel will miss their shows.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi simoncasey,

Not true, SBS Viceland will continue as normal until the 1st July (with SBS Viceland HD being a simulcast of this).

On the 1st of July SBS Viceland will become SBS World Movies and SBS Viceland HD will stay as it is now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 05:11:43 PM
Hi simoncasey,

Not true, SBS Viceland will continue as normal until the 1st July (with SBS Viceland HD being a simulcast of this).

On the 1st of July SBS Viceland will become SBS World Movies and SBS Viceland HD will stay as it is now.

SBS Viceland is just showing a continuous advert for World Movies. It is not showing normal broadcast.

MD

Where are you going with this Simon? It will be updated when SBS start proper broadcasts and when they advise us it should be done.

simoncasey

I'm not going anywhere with it. Currently the icetv guide is showing SBS Viceland shows on channel 32 but SBS has stopped broadcasting on it. It's possible that people who have recordings set for that channel will get a surprise when all that gets recorded is ads for World Movies.

It just seems weird to leave the guide listing something that isn't being broadcast.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Where are you based?

I have just checked on the TV and SBS Viceland is still broadcasting as normal.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grumpy_geoff

I'm with simoncasey.  Nothing on LCN 32 but a looped promo in Perth.
As of today, SBS no longer broadcast programs on LCN 32.  Anyone with series set as SD only or prefer SD will be stuffed.
From SBS website, updated today:
"How to keep watching SBS VICELAND from 18 June 2019
Viewers who have accessed SBS VICELAND on channel 32 will now need to switch over to channel 31 in order to continue watching the channel."

simoncasey

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 18, 2019, 08:09:14 PM
As of today, SBS no longer broadcast programs on LCN 32.  Anyone with series set as SD only or prefer SD will be stuffed.
Viewers who have accessed SBS VICELAND on channel 32 will now need to switch over to channel 31 in order to continue watching the channel."

Yes, I've had to do quite a bit of stuffing around to make sure I didn't miss 8 out 10 cats. I was recording on the SD channel for historical reasons (ie never bothered to change the settings). I doubt I'm the only one.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 08:12:07 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 18, 2019, 08:09:14 PM

Yes, I've had to do quite a bit of stuffing around to make sure I didn't miss 8 out 10 cats. I was recording on the SD channel for historical reasons (ie never bothered to change the settings). I doubt I'm the only one.

What an absolute stuff up from SBS, it does look like the page on their website was updated today. While we knew that SBS World Movies was starting on the 1st of July they have never communicated about this change today.

At the moment it also doesn't appear to be all areas, I can get the Wollongong channels and it is still broadcasting as normal, but in Sydney the SD version is showing the loop. My current guess is that it's currently only capital cities, so will make some changes ASAP and re-visit tomorrow for regionals.

(btw, nice choice, I love 8 out of 10 Cats)
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Actually, they've been broadcasting a permanent message on the screen saying that Viceland was moving today for at least a week. But you would only see it if you watched the SD channel

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 08:51:57 PM
Actually, they've been broadcasting a permanent message on the screen saying that Viceland was moving today for at least a week. But you would only see it if you watched the SD channel

Yeah, still not good enough though in terms of updating guide data.

And now the question is when regional areas will have the SD channel turned off as well.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

simoncasey

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 18, 2019, 09:18:19 PM
Quote from: simoncasey on June 18, 2019, 08:51:57 PM

Yeah, still not good enough though in terms of updating guide data.

And now the question is when regional areas will have the SD channel turned off as well.

Does it say on the channel itself under the logo?