SBS Network shows for Sunday & later

Started by BazzaG, June 11, 2019, 12:02:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BazzaG

Hi,

There's nothing listed for the SBS network for Sunday & later on your online TV guide.

Will this be fixed shortly?

Actually as of today, the SBS has published their broadcast schedule all the way through to the 27th April.

Also, there's a new series of "Going Places with Ernie Dingo" starting this week, however, the Wednesday night broadcast @ 7:30pm on the SBS channel is a CUTDOWN broadcast (30 min). The full 60 min episodes are being broadcast on the NITV channel on Sunday nights @ 7:30pm.

Not sure how you would differentiate between them but I would prefer that the Sunday night broadcast is *NOT* marked as a repeat ... since it's not really.

Alison

Hi BazzaG,

The guide will be updated shortly, due to yesterday being a public holiday it is not compleated.

I will also make the 'cutdown' episodes of 'Going Places' separate episodes to solve this issue today.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

BazzaG

While I can see that the Wednesday night broadcast of "Going Places with Ernie Dingo" has a different episode title to that of the Sunday night broadcast, after selecting the Sunday show to record I now have a timer for tonight's short episode.

This would be dead easy to solve if we had an option to select an individual channel.

I really don't understand why this isn't an available option. IMHO this is certainly a shortcoming of the current IceTV setup.

Once I've selected a given network, then there should be another option to select a channel from within that network.

MD

It looks easy to do and we would if it was, but it's not!  If you have the SBSHD on your PVR then disable SBS (SD) in your IceTV Guide settings so you only get the SBSHD EPG data, then set the recording to SD Only which will ignore the remaining SBS HD edited version and only record the NITV (SD) one.  Convoluted but it works. It will also remove duplicated clutter on the IceTV EPGs and if you disable the channel on the PVR it will reduce that clutter too.

BazzaG

That's what I've done, however, that isn't what I should have to do ... it's illogical so to say.

As to the inability to select an individual channel to record and why it's so hard to do so ... perhaps someone can explain why it's hard ... I'm genuinely interested to know why.