New SBS channel

Started by Melb137, May 27, 2019, 08:04:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Melb137

Hi there – hope this is the correct topic area. I see that SBS is commencing a World Movies channel in July. I will be away from mid June to end July and hence unable to rescan my PVR which is a Beyonwiz U4. Am I likely to have any problems recording on the new channel after this date?

Cheers

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Melb137,

From what we know at the moment it will be replacing SBS Viceland (the SD version), and SBS Viceland HD will stay.

It also looks like a full re-scan will not be required when it starts if you currently have SBS Viceland enabled, this is probably going to be the sticking point for a lot of people as I know a lot of people will disable at least one of the simulcast channels.

The best way to ensure it all just works while you are away is to ensure that you have both SBS Viceland and SBS Viceland HD scanned in on your Beyonwiz and that they are both enabled on your IceTV account, this way when it transitions across at the start of July it is just the channel name and guide data that changes, which does NOT require a re-scan.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

On Beyonwizes, you may need to do a rescan in order for the correct new channel name to show. If it's needed, the rescan will also fix the channel name in any recordings made on World Movies before the rescan.

I will try to make the new channel logos available for the Beyonwizes ASAP after the change.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing