SEAL Team & Hawaii Five-O problems with my Beyonwiz

Started by vader1111, June 07, 2019, 04:28:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

Ch10/Win have decided to pull tomorrow (Saturday) night's episode of SEAL Team from the schedule.  This is not surprising, given that it was scheduled to be a repeat of an episode which they had previously pulled from last night's schedule.  What is surprising is what I'm seeing in the corresponding timer on my Beyonwiz.

The episode of SEAL Team ("Say Again Your Last") was scheduled for 10:30pm, on Win BOLD (Canberra, ACT), on Saturday 8th June.  It has been replaced by a Hawaii Five-O repeat episode, "Lana I Ka Moana (Adrift)".

According to the "My Week" page, on the IceTV website, this (repeat) episode is still scheduled to record on my Beyonwiz T2, despite my Series Recording settings for Hawaii Five-O being set to "First Runs Only".

According to the timer on my T2, the device is expecting to record an episode of SEAL Team, but with the Hawaii Five-O episode's description.

How is this possible?

prl

Quote from: vader1111 on June 07, 2019, 04:28:26 PM
How is this possible?

IceTV timer messages don't contain the description. The description in the timer is obtained by first trying to match the event id of the timer with the EPG and using that event's description in the timer. If that fails, it tries to match the timer's mid-time point with the EPG to find an event and uses that event's description.

There are a number of things that can go wrong here. The EPG can be out of date with respect to the timer (the IceTV plugin fetches EPG updates before it fetches timers, so that shouldn't happen, but who knows...). Also, if the program is short compared to the timer padding, the midpoint of the timer can be in a different program from the one that the timer is intended to record. The second one isn't likely to happen for a prime-time drama show unless you have a lot of asymmetric padding.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing