What, exactly does the "This time" recording option do?

Started by prl, February 04, 2019, 03:20:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

In the IceTV Support page How to record ABC News only once per day, it says:
Quoteclick on Advanced Options and set the 'This Time' option to 7:00 pm which will then record the ABC News on channel 20 but only for showings that the guide has listed to start at 7pm.

This strongly implies an exact match, which is probably OK for a program like the ABC main daily news broadcast, but other programs can get shifted around in day-of-broadcast adjustments of the IceTV Guide.

So, if, say, I set a program that's normally scheduled for 7pm to "This time: 7:00pm", and the program actually ends up getting a final scheduled time of 7:05pm, will it record? Exactly what does the setting do?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi prl,

Oddly enough that is how it was originally created, but at some point it was changed to have a grace period, which is currently set to 25 mins, so as long as the start time is within 25 mins either side of the set start time it will get set to record.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Thanks, Daniel, that's exactly how I need it to work. My experimentation with setting the "This time" option 5 minutes off made me think that's how it would work, but it's useful to know the margins. I think that an exact match for this would be a poor implementation.

I want to use it to avoid recording "encores" of shows in a repeated series, something that unfortunately isn't handled well by IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Perhaps the support pages could be updated to the correct description of the "This time" option.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use