70HD Perth is now simulcasting 7mate

Started by rockets, April 06, 2019, 05:29:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rockets

I've noticed today that 7 Perth have switched 70 HD to be showing 7mate content and not 7 content. I can't find any announcement from 7 about the switch. I can only assume it's to broadcast AFL matches in HD on 7mate.  Ice EPG is showing 7 content for 70 HD.
Rockets
Beyonwiz T3, DP-P1
Denon 3312 - Bi-Amped Epos ELS 303 Floor Standers
Athena LSC50 Centre
Samsung UA50F5000 50" LCD
LibreELEC NUC

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Rockets,

Cheers for the heads up, we have had the guide updated, so series recordings should now pick this up in HD.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Watch out for any 7/7HD recordings set to "HD only"!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on April 06, 2019, 06:01:43 PM
Cheers for the heads up, we have had the guide updated, so series recordings should now pick this up in HD.

It doesn't appear to have been correctly updated.
From 'My Week' Monday 8-Apr -
7:30pm

Scheduled to record as part of a series recording My Kitchen Rules '2019 - Ibby & Romel - Does Pride Come...'
7HD

Scheduled to record as part of a series recording AFL: Talking Footy
7mate

Both are defined with 'prefer high def.'.  Both are set for the wrong services.

grumpy_geoff

It appears the change is only for today. The FTA guide from tomorrow onwards is back to usual programming of 7 simulcasting on 7HD, with 7mate not simulcasted.
Perhaps we're going to see this every time a game is on 7mate, this way Seven is honouring their commitment to the AFL of HD broadcasts.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 06, 2019, 09:21:24 PM
It appears the change is only for today. The FTA guide from tomorrow onwards is back to usual programming of 7 simulcasting on 7HD, with 7mate not simulcasted.
Perhaps we're going to see this every time a game is on 7mate, this way Seven is honouring their commitment to the AFL of HD broadcasts.

Yep, it is just until Midnight tonight from what we can see.

It would definitely be tied to the AFL, mostly as it's a local Perth team game.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grumpy_geoff

This is happening again for tomorrow's scheduling.

Tiphanee

Hi grumpy_geoff

Many thanks for your note. I have switched over the 7HD for Perth so it is now showing 7Mate programming.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

grumpy_geoff

IceTV has got 7mate and 7HD programming the same right up through Wednesday.  I doubt that's actually happening past today (Friday).

Tiphanee

Hi grumpy_geoff,

Many thanks for your note. I have now switched 7HD back to show 7 programming. Unfortunately, when I make the change it can't be contained to just the one day so that's why you would have seen 7 programming on 7HD right through to Wednesday. Within the next 15 minutes you will see it showing 7Mate again.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: Tiphanee on April 20, 2019, 09:47:08 AM
... Unfortunately, when I make the change it can't be contained to just the one day so that's why you would have seen 7 programming on 7HD right through to Wednesday. Tiphanee

Hi Tiphanee,

Perhaps with the method you know, but Daniel Hall managed it on 6-April.

grumpy_geoff

It appears the 7mate / 7HD simulcasting is happening again this Saturday (only) 27-Apr
https://www.ourguide.com.au/tv_guide.php?r=perth&d=27042019&t=6

grumpy_geoff

Any reason the Perth 7HD EPG content wasn't updated for yesterday's programming to reflect it was simulcasting 7mate programming?

grumpy_geoff

Perth, Friday 10-May
7mate (/ 7HD)
5:00pm AFL: Friday Night Countdown '2019 - Round 8 - Sydney V Essendon'
5:30pm AFL: Championship Season '2019 - Round 8 - St Kilda V West Coast'

The St Kilda V West Coast game is being played the next day (Sat).

Additionally, for Friday's guide you have 7mate Perth simulcasted on 7HD Perth; whereas I believe the simulcasting is for the next day (Sat) only.

Tiphanee

Hi grumpy_geoff,

Many thanks for your note. I'll take another look at Friday and adjust accordingly.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader