Keeping us in the loop

Started by why, May 21, 2005, 05:45:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

why

I've been having fairly persistent trouble with iceguide that has meant I turn it off half the time - I really want to stick with it (because I've paid but also because when it works its a brilliant tool) but I'd like to feel as though I'm getting some support and encouragement from the icetv team. For instance, I notice that there is some sort of new topfield software on your download site "iceguide4topfield setup program" dated 12 May 05. But when I download it, it identifes as ver 1.7.0.0 (my original version is v1.72) - so is this new or what?

A little communication about releases - planned updates, fix schedules etc.. would be greatly appreciated (and make me feel a lot better about spending money on a process that works properly less than half the time) - I note from the forum stats that there are only 62 members. It can't be that hard to keep us in the loop, which brings me back to the original question

What about this new?? software - should I be downloading it - what does it do - why weren't we told about it if it is new?

Just remember guys, as early adopters we are also early spruikers - I've personally initiated more than a dozen new Toppy owners and would love to do the same for icetv - I'm not a technical guru, I just love my gadgets so I can only recommend something that I can claim gives a completely hassle free experience.

???

pvogel

I'm not sure how you have V1.72 whereas our published release is 1.70, probably something one of our support guys sent out to resolve a particular issue.

However, we have been working on a new release which will be V2.0 and it resolves a number of issues.  It is being tested right now and all going well will be available in the nexty couple of days.  

V2 relies on a new release of firmware from Topfield which we only received yesterday but as soon as we have reasonable confidence we will make it available to our faithful "early adopters".

The main advantages of V2 are:

* Scheduled uploads
* Works in any region without needing custom ini files
* Toppy slowdown while loading has been fixed

Thanks for your feedback and do not hesitate to rattle our cage if it gets too quiet.

Peter

why

Thanks Peter

I just got the email from Icetv regarding Ver 2 and eagerly look forward to installing it tonight.