Sync doesn't seem to work

Started by csutak40, February 18, 2019, 06:56:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

I think I have mentioned this before.
I see a show that is scheduled to record and (for various reasons) I don't want it to record, so i cancel it on the IceTV website end.  What normally happens is that the timer on the Wiz gets deleted during the next sync.
Except lately this doesn't always happen.
Just happened to notice a show being recorded that I have cancelled days ago
This seems to happen quite often lately. 
I noticed one being set to record that I knew I definitely cancelled - checked in IceTV and it WAS cancelled there
What would cause this to happen?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi csutak40,

What was the show that recorded last night, we should have the logs for this one to try and find out what happened.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on February 18, 2019, 06:56:19 PMI see a show that is scheduled to record and (for various reasons) I don't want it to record, so i cancel it on the IceTV website end.  What normally happens is that the timer on the Wiz gets deleted during the next sync.

Lately I have been deleting timers that I do not wish to record at the T2 end. It seems to work without any complaint at either the PVR or IceTV end, and I'm pretty sure that the timer then eventually disappears from the IceTV website end. I haven't thoroughly checked this, but my understanding is that an IceTV timer deleted at the PVR end is treated as a single episode timer, even if part of a series, and that future timers for that series would still set and not be affected by the deletion of a single episode.

I don't know about WMC, I haven't used it with IceTV for some time, but I would have thought the behaviour of IceTV set timers would be the same as for any other IceTV enabled device, where the deletion of a timer at the PVR end is interpreted by IceTV as the user no longer requiring that timer, and no need for it to be re-sent.

The advantage I see in deleting timers at the PVR end is that you can be sure they have been deleted! Perhaps Daniel Hall has some view on this.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi raymondjpg,

There is a specific set of circumstances that can occur at the moment where a particular episode of series can be marked as both 'scheduled manually' (meaning its been manually set to record, say a repeat in a series that is set for first runs only) and also 'canceled manually' (so its been manually cancelled, we keep this to ensure it doesn't get scheduled again by our server). So far we have only seen it happening with Beyonwiz T and U series units, but we don't have a specific set of steps to replicate it as yet.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 19, 2019, 03:58:49 PM
Hi raymondjpg,

There is a specific set of circumstances that can occur at the moment where a particular episode of series can be marked as both 'scheduled manually' (meaning its been manually set to record, say a repeat in a series that is set for first runs only) and also 'canceled manually' (so its been manually cancelled, we keep this to ensure it doesn't get scheduled again by our server). So far we have only seen it happening with Beyonwiz T and U series units, but we don't have a specific set of steps to replicate it as yet.

Thanks. My question is more is there any downside to deleting timers at the PVR end, as against deleting them at the IceTV server end?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 19, 2019, 04:01:52 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 19, 2019, 03:58:49 PM
Hi raymondjpg,

Thanks. My question is more is there any downside to deleting timers at the PVR end, as against deleting them at the IceTV server end?

Nope.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 19, 2019, 04:02:38 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on February 19, 2019, 04:01:52 PMThanks. My question is more is there any downside to deleting timers at the PVR end, as against deleting them at the IceTV server end?

Nope.

:) I think deleting at the PVR end is preferable, giving more confidence that the timer has been deleted.

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 19, 2019, 10:20:39 AM
Hi csutak40,

What was the show that recorded last night, we should have the logs for this one to try and find out what happened.
Last night (and on Sunday) it was Regional Italian Cuisine.  Also happened this week with Car Advice
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: raymondjpg on February 19, 2019, 03:09:25 PM

The advantage I see in deleting timers at the PVR end is that you can be sure they have been deleted! Perhaps Daniel Hall has some view on this.
Having been trained on the Toppy 5K and TED, one was told never to delete stuff off the Toppy, always do it at the IceTV end, (lest one confused TED) so it is sort of ingrained in me never to made adjustment on the PVR end.  :)
If I'm wrong, happy to change  ;D
Cheers,
Judy

raymondjpg

Quote from: csutak40 on February 19, 2019, 06:32:23 PM
Quote from: raymondjpg on February 19, 2019, 03:09:25 PM

Having been trained on the Toppy 5K and TED, one was told never to delete stuff off the Toppy, always do it at the IceTV end, (lest one confused TED) so it is sort of ingrained in me never to made adjustment on the PVR end.  :)
If I'm wrong, happy to change  ;D

It's entirely up to you. All I can say is that I haven't had any timer that I deleted at the T2 end reappear because the server decided to re-send it. I can't speak for WMC, but Daniel doesn't appear to see any problem with deleting timers there either.

csutak40

Meanwhile, here is an example of something else (possibly also sync related?) that seems to happen at regular intervals lately
I think the Ellen show actually sowed two episodes, but Hughesy is definitely a mistake
Edit...  Just started watching Ellen.  The first episode is a repeat from yesterday  ;D

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Judy,

I can definitely see a similar issue happening with both Hughesy We Have A Problem and the Regional Italian Cuisine where the Beyonwiz mysteriously cancels and reschedules the shows for no reason. As for the Late Show, that one is looking a little weird is the Late Show, how have you got it setup within IceTV? Or do you just schedule individual episodes as they come up?

The other thing that would be very handy is your timers.xml file (this one is probably easier to email to support) so we can check it out.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on February 20, 2019, 02:17:53 PM
Hi Judy,

I can definitely see a similar issue happening with both Hughesy We Have A Problem and the Regional Italian Cuisine where the Beyonwiz mysteriously cancels and reschedules the shows for no reason. As for the Late Show, that one is looking a little weird is the Late Show, how have you got it setup within IceTV? Or do you just schedule individual episodes as they come up?

The other thing that would be very handy is your timers.xml file (this one is probably easier to email to support) so we can check it out.
The late show is different in that I have James Corden set as a keyword, because he sometimes does "specials" that aren't under the Late Show banner
Something weird is going on.  While I was looking on the web page just now, discovered that Home Shopping 10 Peach, 12:30am, Thu, 21 Feb 2019 is set to record as a single recording.  No idea why.
OK embarrassing question, because I remember doing it before, but I can't remember. How do I get the timers.xml file?
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I figured it out - emailing it :-)
Cheers,
Judy