Daylight Savings

Started by Shane, March 25, 2007, 08:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shane

Well... I woke up this morning with trepidation, knowing that the last couple of years of daylight savings hadn't gone well with my IceGuide in Media Center (even my wife said - so the guides going to be wrong for most of the day again?).

All I can say is - Congratulations guys... you've finally fixed it and my guide rolled over perfectly with the time change.

Thanks,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Matt

Is it just my system (MythTV running the XML Guide), or is anyone else seeing HD channels still offset at GMT +11?

Nomad

No its not just you HD listings are 1 hour out for Perth also, and Ch2 HD has disappeared completely.

rgds Damon

asummerf

And all Sydney HD listings are GMT+11 as well

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: Shane on March 25, 2007, 08:38:23 AMAll I can say is - Congratulations guys... you've finally fixed it and my guide rolled over perfectly with the time change.

Great to hear it worked so well.  There's a first time for everything, huh?  ;D  DST: the bane of the dev team's existence.

Quote from: Matt on March 25, 2007, 01:44:57 PM
Is it just my system (MythTV running the XML Guide), or is anyone else seeing HD channels still offset at GMT +11?

Thanks for letting us know about this.  It looks like the HD channels didn't get updated for some reason, although I'm not sure if it's a DST-related problem or just coincidence.  They should be updated now, and I've checked the PVR data to be sure the times are exactly the same for the HD shows on both the HD and non-HD versions of the same channel.  Please update your guide again and let us know if there's still a problem.

Thanks,
Russell

Matt

Quote from: russell on March 26, 2007, 06:12:09 AM

Thanks for letting us know about this.  It looks like the HD channels didn't get updated for some reason, although I'm not sure if it's a DST-related problem or just coincidence.  They should be updated now

All fixed - thanks for the speedy response!

impact

Gotta agree with Shane.... Always hated start and end of Daylight savings... Every year for the last 6+ years it would stuff up on me (yep Ive had a Tivo for a long time!) - This was the first year, it all went smooth - no intervention required...

Mind you I woke up at 6am to come out and check it all - in case I needed to do a reboot or load the guide again - to get it all in sync - I should have slept in. Nothing was required. Vista was running, the time was correct, the guide was correct - it was all good.

- As a reminder for anyone using MCE2005, Manual recordings are set in UTC time, so if your using manual recordings - they will be one hour out now... Its a bug in good old M$ code. As I never use manual recordings (this is setting a recording by time / channel - the old fashioned VCR way) I dont know if this bug was fixed in Vista or not... Just something you may need to keep an eye on.

Great work Icetv - you nailed it... a painless effortless weekend... Mind you I feel sorry for some guys using other 'free guide' solutions, appears that their paytv guide data is out by an hour in some circumstances... and its nearly 2 days after the daylight savings change, with no sign of support in those threads trying to get the problem fixed.....

Marc

No issues with DST here either. Nice and smooth transition for EyeTV.