IcetV with Win10 WMC - replacement computer - no EPG

Started by alect71, February 26, 2024, 04:39:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alect71

I have been running WMC in Win 8-10 for some years. Recently my existing PC died, so I have obtained a replacement PC and installed WMC on it (win10).

In order to complete setup, I set "NO" to "internet always available" so that it wouldn't get stuck on trying to download EPG from MS. But now there is no EPG. On the standard TV reception, the EPG is sent along with the broadcast (DTV). Does this not come into WMC? I also subscribe to a local remote recording platform/app (IceTV) which has its own EPG, but that's not coming up either. (I am in Australia)

While trying to complete WMC setup I did download EPG123, but in the end didn't have to use (as I have never used it before). So am I forced to use EPG123?

MD

Hi Alec,

I answered this in our support ticket and suggested you went to our Help - Customer Support section where there are setup guides for the various versions of Win.

alect71

Quote from: MD on February 26, 2024, 05:08:34 PMHi Alec,

I answered this in our support ticket and suggested you went to our Help - Customer Support section where there are setup guides for the various versions of Win.

Thanks.  The article on Win10 here (https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/227078627-How-to-install-Media-Center-in-Windows-10-and-11) has a link which goes nowhere for the install guide (http://support.icetv.com.au/entries/20017472)

I googled and found another - https://support.icetv.com.au/hc/en-us/articles/227078407-Setting-up-IceTV-and-Windows-7-8-8-1-or-10-Media-Center#checkandaddlistings - but at step 5 it tells me to go into WMC -> Guide.......that's my problem I don't have a guide in WMC.  So is IceTV pushing a guide into WMC? Or if it is just mapping to one in there, how do I get the initial guide in there to map IceTV to?

(Given I have been an IceTV user and subscriber for years, I already have the mobile app and use it).

MD

Hi Alec,  MSoft never supported MCE in Win10, and MCE hasn't been supported for at least ten years. As we have so few users we also stopped attempting to solve the Win10 install issues hence the link to the digital life forum which, as you say, has expired. I just googled digital life and in reading the various sections didn't find anything positive for Win10 to help you. I can only advise you look at our Win7&8 sections to see if they help, try googling elsewhere for answers or maybe try our free IceBox software which is far better than the now old MCE UI.

I'm sorry to not be more helpful but we haven't used any MCE versions for years, Win7 or 8 were the best options at the time.

alect71

Quote from: MD on February 26, 2024, 06:19:23 PMHi Alec,  MSoft never supported MCE in Win10, and MCE hasn't been supported for at least ten years. As we have so few users we also stopped attempting to solve the Win10 install issues hence the link to the digital life forum which, as you say, has expired. I just googled digital life and in reading the various sections didn't find anything positive for Win10 to help you. I can only advise you look at our Win7&8 sections to see if they help, try googling elsewhere for answers or maybe try our free IceBox software which is far better than the now old MCE UI.

I'm sorry to not be more helpful but we haven't used any MCE versions for years, Win7 or 8 were the best options at the time.

Unfortunately your IceBox software is not compatible with nVidia graphics cards which my pc has.

MD

My old Win7 MCE also had an NVIDIA card so I simply took it out as the intel chip was quite adequate.