IceBox/ICETV for Topfield 7000 HD PVRt

Started by JPP, March 20, 2007, 03:40:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

Now that the new Toppy 7000 HDPVR has been released, could one of the ICETV people give us a rundown on how the TV guide is to be fed into the 7000? The current implementation of ICETV is not yet functional on the Toppy, but I would like to know what plans have been made. Particularly of interest is if the same approach as the ICEBox 2 will be taken. In other words, will a box similiar to the IceBox 2 be connected to the Toppy's USB port? (yes I know it's a host - not a peripheral port, but this doesn't preclude it from being able to be used in conjunction with a USB to Ethernet converter).

If we could get the same functionality that the current IceBox 2 offers like file upload/download as well as TV guide import, that would make this new Toppy very useful (like my current MP :).

TIA,

Phil.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Unfortunately at this stage we are not sure of what the extent of the integration will be, or what method will be used for the updating of the guide.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Freefall

It's odd that the Topfield 7000Pvrt boxes have stickers saying that they support IceTV when they don't.. wishfull thinking? :)

deangelj

Well that was quick! No idea a week ago, to having code in the Topfield new firmware to upload the ice guide from the usb port.  ;)

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: deangelj on March 28, 2007, 01:49:58 PM
Well that was quick! No idea a week ago, to having code in the Topfield new firmware to upload the ice guide from the usb port.  ;)

It would be much better though if the integration actually worked properly all the time...  >:(
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

GBH187

I'm thinking about upgrading to the 7000 from my 5000

but I cant seem to find a straight answer for this very simple question anywhere.

DOES THE 7000 work with the icebox2 ?

or am I going to have to copy the file to a usb disk once a week, because ill be honest I cant be bothered doing that.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: GBH187 on July 10, 2007, 07:41:21 PM
DOES THE 7000 work with the icebox2 ?

No.

or am I going to have to copy the file to a usb disk once a week, because ill be honest I cant be bothered doing that.

Yes, unless Topfield add some type of USB networking support to the firmware that is the way updates will need to be performed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

markb

Is that what Topfield expect you to do? That's rubbish. What are Topfield thinking?