Author Topic: Doubled up recording  (Read 1678 times)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
Re: Doubled up recording
« Reply #30 on: March 08, 2019, 04:12:06 PM »
Hi, Judy.

I just installed a test version of my IceTV fixes on our in-use Beyonwiz T4. I'll submit the changes in a few days if the tests go OK.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3 & T4 for testing

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 09, 2019, 01:49:01 AM »
Thank you, Peter
Cheers,
Judy
Windows 7 Media Center; Last Update Feb 20 2006; Beyonwiz T4, T2

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2019, 12:59:52 PM »
I've submitted a fix to eliminate the unnecessary delete/recreate operations that happen when IceTV sends a timer update, but the timer details have not changed.

Daniel, the version number for the updated Beyonwiz IceTV plugin is 20190308. If IceTV sends the Beyonwiz a "record" timer but the timer id already exists and the message from the IceTV server doesn't change the Beyonwiz timer, the Beyonwiz response for the "record" timer is
iceTimer["state"] = "pending"
iceTimer["message"] = "Timer already up to date Show Name"

If the timer is in fact already running, its state will be updated to "running" shortly after this response.

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #33 on: March 18, 2019, 08:53:41 AM »
Thanks for the update. Look for to the new version.

Ian
IceTV: 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRt + SKIPPA + T2
No IceTV: a few Toppys
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and Topfield Aus Forum for Toppy help
ozSKIPPA wiki coming soon (I hope)

Offline prl

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 18, 2019, 01:56:32 PM »
My changes have been merged into the Beyonwiz source code repository, but I'm not sure when they will be available in a release (beta or official).

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2019, 12:09:43 AM »
I am not sure if I am misunderstanding things, or if this is something different.  I was looking at the timers to see if there is anything doubled up and delete one of them. 
Then I did something i haven't done before (I usually only notice something doubling up after it has recorded)  I looked on the IceTV web page and it is doubled up there as well!  Has this always been the case, or is this something new?
Also, it is really weird.  It has been behaving reasonably well lately, then last Thursday there were four shows doubled up.  Then it stopped again

Offline IanL-S

• Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV SKIPPA wiki
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2019, 07:37:57 AM »
Judy I have seen this before; but my recollection is that it is not always limited to Beyonwiz - I am sure I've had it happen on a Toppy.

Ian

Offline Daniel Hall at IceTV

• Administrator
  • Guru
    • View Profile
    • IceTV
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2019, 09:36:28 AM »
I am not sure if I am misunderstanding things, or if this is something different.  I was looking at the timers to see if there is anything doubled up and delete one of them. 
Then I did something i haven't done before (I usually only notice something doubling up after it has recorded)  I looked on the IceTV web page and it is doubled up there as well!  Has this always been the case, or is this something new?
Also, it is really weird.  It has been behaving reasonably well lately, then last Thursday there were four shows doubled up.  Then it stopped again

This can happen if there is incorrectly two timers that overlap for a given show, and for this show I can definitely see it was affected by the particular issue that was fixed in the update from prl.

For these ones it would likely be that each of the timers within the IceTV database had to have had different durations (it won't allow having multiple timers for the same channel, start time and duration in the database at once), and it was displaying both of these timers on the website for you.

This one should hopefully fixed when the new plugin is pushed out via a firmware update.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Offline csutak40

• Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: May 13, 2019, 09:11:26 PM »
Hi Peter,
It has been behaving ever since, but it is playing up today.  Both timers have a star though.  Thought I'd forward it, in case it means something to you

Share via facebook Share via twitter

clip
Masterchef doubled up

Started by csutak40 on IceTV EPG Content

11 Replies
Last post May 30, 2018, 02:34:59 PM
by csutak40
clip
Adam Hills doubled up

Started by csutak40 on IceTV EPG Content

13 Replies
Last post January 29, 2018, 10:54:13 AM