Doubled up recording

Started by csutak40, November 21, 2018, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Not sure if this is a Wiz or IceTV question.  I ended up with two recordings of Jamie & the Nonnas
What would cause this?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

They aren't quite the same - one is 5 minutes longer than the other.

I'd guess that there's been a mishandling of a schedule change, but without more information, it's hard to say even which end was responsible.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

This has been seen before.  I've posted about what I saw happening, and I believe the IceTV server "forgets" it has the existing timer to update and creates a new timer for the scheduling change (as in 'Created by Scheduler SERIES' -- it's not an "Updated by").
http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/u4-schedule-change-produces-multiple-timers-for-same-program/5844/msg31214#msg31214

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I have had a look at this one and it looks like a mistake back on the 19th caused the second timer to occur, and for some reason the original timer was not deleted because of this.

The guide team are already aware of what happened and are taking steps to ensure this doesn't happen again, and we will check the keyword handling (as it was in this that the original timer was not deleted) to try and get this one fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 22, 2018, 10:53:22 AM
I have had a look at this one and it looks like a mistake back on the 19th caused the second timer to occur, and for some reason the original timer was not deleted because of this.

The original Beyonwiz timer will only be deleted if the Beyonwiz gets a "forget" for the original ice_timer_id.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: prl on November 22, 2018, 02:22:26 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 22, 2018, 10:53:22 AM

The original Beyonwiz timer will only be deleted if the Beyonwiz gets a "forget" for the original ice_timer_id.

Sorry, thats what I meant, for some reason the server did not create the forget timer correctly, I am currently looking into this.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

And this particular bug has been found and fixed on the IceTV server end, but there looks to still be some cases that can cause duplicate timers, but will have to deal with each when we can get examples of each.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Yes, thank you for the feedback from me too
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 22, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
And this particular bug has been found and fixed on the IceTV server end, but there looks to still be some cases that can cause duplicate timers, but will have to deal with each when we can get examples of each.
Here is another example :-)
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on November 22, 2018, 05:29:58 PM
And another example.  Seems ti happen about once a week, haven't bothered to write here every time it happens as there was no acknowledgement of the examples given
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I didn't even notice on the above that Graham Norton was about to double up as well
Just noticed something else...
C31 doesn't mark things as repeats, so often several versions of the same show get scheduled for recording each week
I noticed last night that Regional Italian Cuisine was set to record several times.  I was sure that I have already deleted the extras, but figured i must have forgotten, so deleted them all last nigh.
I now notice that it hasn't been deleted off the Wiz, even though it is still shown as deleted in IceTV
Cheers,
Judy

prl

I am working on this problem with Daniel Hall.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

Thank you.  It seems to be getting worse :-)
Do you want me to add each new example as it happens, or are the current examples enough?
Cheers,
Judy

prl

Thanks, Judy. What Daniel's given me from your information and logging information from IceTV is enough to go on.

Is your Beyonwiz on a WiFi network connection or on wired Ethernet? The problem appears to be being triggered by network dropouts.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use