Can not retrieve channel map: The IceTV server can not be reached

Started by raymondjpg, November 03, 2018, 11:37:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

First time I have seen that error in a T2 log, but maybe I haven't been paying attention. The error has popped up repeatedly for about four hours today, which seems a little long for a temporary IceTV server outage.

I have checked the internet connection and all looks good there. Also tried a reboot, but the error persists.

I did a location scan yesterday for the newly branded channels BOSS and PEACH, if that has any bearing on the issue.

Anyone with suggestions as to how to fix this?
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

MD

Hi Raymond,

IceTV uses Amazon (AWS) servers and have virtually no outages (but never say never!). Your T2 hasn't logged into our server since about 10:45 this morning so I'd check it's networking. Information is the best place as it has two green light for local WiFi and internet connectivity, or network test via network adapteers.

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on November 03, 2018, 01:36:32 PM
Hi Raymond,

IceTV uses Amazon (AWS) servers and have virtually no outages (but never say never!). Your T2 hasn't logged into our server since about 10:45 this morning so I'd check it's networking. Information is the best place as it has two green light for local WiFi and internet connectivity, or network test via network adapteers.

Thanks for the response. I checked the network test via network adapters this morning and all checked out as fully functional. Information checked just now shows me two green lights.

The IceTV log is still showing the same errors.

UPDATE: I rebooted my desktop PC, which houses the wireless NIC I use to connect to an access point that the T2 is connected to, and all is working now. Regardless of what the T2 was telling me it looks like it may have been some issue in the network chain from the T2 to the internet gateway. I have no idea why it may have fallen over at 10.45 am today.

Regards
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

MD

I just saw you log in to IceTV so something's been fixed in its network. If the eps you have don't set you may need to rerun the IceTV wizard as I'm not sure how much of a reset you have done.

MD

BTW - I don't usually answer this way as it's impossible to manage so if you really need IceTV help you should post a support ticket ;)

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on November 03, 2018, 04:02:30 PMI just saw you log in to IceTV so something's been fixed in its network. If the eps you have don't set you may need to rerun the IceTV wizard as I'm not sure how much of a reset you have done.

Yes, thanks again. I posted an update to my previous post advising it looks like a networking issue my end. I did not need to reset anything, just ran the second option on the T2 IceTV plugin to update the EPG and timers.

raymondjpg

Quote from: MD on November 03, 2018, 04:03:59 PMBTW - I don't usually answer this way as it's impossible to manage so if you really need IceTV help you should post a support ticket ;)

OK. Noted. I thought maybe someone else may have had similar issues.