Blue Bloods Ch10 Numbering series and episodes

Started by grampus, November 03, 2018, 11:13:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grampus

Just an improvement request

Can Blue Bloods have their series and episode numbers displayed in the description?
As you currently have with Spicks and Specks, Death in Paradise.

Cheers
Alan
BeyonWiz, T3

Tiphanee

Hi Alan -

Many thanks for your note.

Generally the series and ep number is in the episode name when we aren't given a name for the episode. As we are given ep names for Blue Bloods we don't include the numbering within the description as they are easily identifiable.

Kind regards,

Tiphanee

Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

grampus

Hi Tiphanee,
Thanks for the response.
Its a pity, as there a number of series overlapping one another, it becomes a little difficult for folks, (well me anyway) to make sure I am watching the right series sequence.
Sometimes when they program 2 shows back to back,  they can be from 2 separate series.
Generally find I have chase IMDB to ensure I get it right.

Cheers
Alan
BeyonWiz, T3

grampus

FWIW
Thursday 15/11  10:30   Meet The New Boss   Series 9 Episode 2
                         11:30   My Aim is True  Series 8  Episode 22

BeyonWiz, T3

aeb001

this is why one episode is marked as premiere & one is marked as a repeat, so yo know which one to watch :-)
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

grampus

Thanks, though it confuses my poor ole brain   
In the current Ice guide for next thursday one is noted as a repeat, but still doesnt help as far as which series it is.
BeyonWiz, T3

aeb001

Quote from: grampus on November 19, 2018, 09:21:58 AM
In the current Ice guide for next thursday one is noted as a repeat, but still doesnt help as far as which series it is.

Theres 2 next thursday, not 1. The 10pm a premiere of S09E03 & is the current series. the repeat is a repeat of S08E01. Google is a magical tool
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

csutak40

Quote from: aeb001 on November 19, 2018, 07:03:42 PM

Theres 2 next thursday, not 1. The 10pm a premiere of S09E03 & is the current series. the repeat is a repeat of S08E01. Google is a magical tool
I suppose what Grampus is saying is that if the ep numbers were shown, one wouldn't have to Google :-)
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

grampus

Thanks for the responses and interest.
IMDB is my tool of choice for this sort of exercise.
csutak40, you are correct i would prefer to not have chase it up.
But there is another part of this sort of issue that haven't canvassed.
After having googled, IMDB'd to find the appropriate series I have edited the shows name field in the wiz with the thought that I would like to place each series in a separate directory.
Inevitably, the station has altered the start/end times, and then Ice will overlay my alterations.

But still, it's not a biggie.   Just nice to have.

BeyonWiz, T3