10 Boss scheduling of Moto GP and V8 Supercars

Started by grumpy_geoff, November 04, 2018, 02:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumpy_geoff

I don't think the current IceTV 10 Boss scheduling of Moto GP and V8 Supercars today Sunday 4-Nov is correct.  I think Network TEN have been making changes.

I believe the Moto GP coverage is on at 15:30 AEDT - this from the FTA EPG:
"Join us LIVE from Sepang International Circuit, Malaysia for Race 18 of the 2018 Moto GP. Race start at 3:30pm AEDT."
http://www.motogp.com/en/event/Malaysia#schedule has the event starting at 13:00 local GMT+8
There is a short video from the sporting director stating the start time has changed to now be at 1pm local ("MotoGP™ Sporting Director explains Sepang schedule change")

I think V8 Supercars is now on at 17:00 on 10 Boss.

Perth times:
12:30 LIVE: MotoGP 2018
14:31 Pooches At Play
15:02 Reel Action
15:32 Escape Fishing With ET
16:01 I Fish
17:02 Supercars: Highlights
18:05 David Attenborough's Natural History
19:03 Alaska Aircrash Investigations
20:06 Ambulance Australia
21:11 Movie: Space Cowboys

Tiphanee

Hi Grumpy_Geoff,

Can you please advise which guide you are looking at. I've looked at Freeview, Ourguide, YourTV and Foxtel and they're all still showing the line up as we have it. It wouldn't surprise me as broadcasters are notorious for making late changes but I can't confirm against any of the usual guides at this stage.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

Tiphanee

ps. I've also checked the Ten website and they're also showing screening as we have it.

Cheers
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

grumpy_geoff

As I have posted, the Moto GP website has stated the new start time for the race.
"LIVE NEWS - New Time Schedule for Sunday: MotoGP™ Race will start at 13.00 Local Time (GMT+8)"
"UPDATE: new Sunday schedule for Malaysian GP
Due to heavy rain falling ahead of MotoGP™ qualifying on Saturday, Sunday will see earlier race times"
http://www.motogp.com/en/videos/2018/11/03/motogp-sporting-director-explains-sepang-schedule-change/277533

As for the TEN website guide, this has not been changed, nor any of the other mobs who depend on whichever guide aggregator that hasn't yet woken up to the change.

I posted the times from the FTA EIT.  They updated sometime between 06:00 - 07:00 AWST.

Monster Jam is showing at present, not Pat Callinan's 4x4 Adventures - S10 Ep. 3
10:59 Monster Jam
11:59 What's Up Downunder
12:30 LIVE: MotoGP 2018

My posting is mainly to alert other IceTV users who may wish to set a manual timer for the Moto GP race, and review their timings for V8 Supercars.

Tiphanee

Hello again -

The Sydney EIT has now changed and is different to when I did same day checks this morning. I can correct Sydney and other regions that follow Sydney but unfortunately can't see information for other states as guides haven't updated. Thanks for highlighting that the time has changed and hopefully users will set their manual timers.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

raymondjpg

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on November 04, 2018, 03:00:11 PMMy posting is mainly to alert other IceTV users who may wish to set a manual timer for the Moto GP race, and review their timings for V8 Supercars.

All too late for me, but fortunately IceTV scheduling changed in time for my T2 to pick up the MotoGP about half way through the first lap, even with 10 minutes pre-padding, so not quite right. My EPGRefresh on a U4 was not in time to pick up the change. I saw yesterday that IceTV had posted a rescheduling but that was from a 4.30 pm start to 5.30 pm start of coverage. Obviously superseded.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

aeb001

Hi all,

In this circumstance as much as ten announced it they didnt update any guides, including their own over their air digital guide. The only place i was able to find the announcement was on their FB page. l got caught out by this but even ten themselves were made fools of as come 430/530 they were still advertising motogp & watch live via tenplay app. was not an icetv error

Adrian
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005