More platforms supported

Started by pvogel, May 23, 2005, 06:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pvogel

We have now tested IceGuide with all the following and have how-to documents on our support page:

DigiTV (Nebula Electronics)  
MythTV
SageTV
ShowShifter

dropbear

Is it possible to get a guide on how to integrate this with Media Portal? I'm on the 7 day trial atm..trying to get it to work. MP uses XML4TV.

Cheers!

DropBear

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi Dropbear,

Media Portal is on the list of software PVR's to have a guide written for.

While that is still being written there are some steps you can go through to try and set this up for Media Portal (keeping in mind that these have not been tested fully). You will need to download the "Webget.exe" program from the HowTo's and Downloads page of the IceTV website. http://www.icetv.com.au/ts_howto.php

Save this file to the "XMLTV" directory that was created under the "Media Portal" installation directory. By default this will be "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\".

Open Notepad and put in a line:

"C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\webget.exe" "http://iceguide.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/epg/iceguide.cgi?op=xmlguide" -u <user ID> -p <password> -o "C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv\tvguide.xml"

You will need to replace <user ID> with your IceTV User ID and <password> with your IceTV Password. The inverted commas must be copied and left where they are. Save this file in the same directory where webget.exe was saved (C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv) as "get.bat"

In MediaPortal then you need to specify where the XMLTV file is located. In the configuration under Television choose "Program Guide". On the general tab you can change where the file is located, make sure it still lists "c:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\xmltv" (this is the default). If not then click "browse" and change it. You will also need to put a value in the "Compensate time zone with" box, it should be "10" and then "0" in the two boxes. Then on the "Scheduler" tab from the grabber list choose "TVguide.xml File". Click on the "Run Grabber" button and the first lot of guide data will be read into Media Portal.

To map the guide data to your existing scanned channels. Under the Television section in the configuration again, this time in "Channels" section. Edit your existing channels and change the names so that they match up to the channels names that are in the tvguide.

Hopefully this should get you through to be able to view the guide in Media Portal. If you have any other questions on using iceguide then please don't hesitate to call on 1300 654 803 or you can post here or via email.

Cheers,

Daniel.
IceTV Support Team.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dropbear

thanks for your reply... I can run the get.bat file manually and it returns the xml perfectly. If I try to grab the file using the MP button in scheduler the action crashes. Is it hardcoded to look for a batch file? Also I note there is an option to auto schedule EPG data with a username and password...will that work with the ICETV guide wegbet program? I would really like to get things to just automatically work as Im a shiftworker.

Cheers

DropBear

PS I have tried importing the tvguide.xml data into web scheduler as well - all the times are offset and I cant see anywhere in WS I can change this...any ideas? I would much prefer to use your service...especially given the great descriptions etc.

EDIT: How do I know what channel is what??

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The best way to get the iceguide channel names is to look in the Members Area of the IceTV website. If you go into the "My iceguide EPG" section it will list the channels and channel names that you will be getting. The settings are in the Media Portal configuration, you will need to set the 'Grabber' to use "TVguide.xml File", this will then use the pre-generated XML file.

The username and password that it asks for here is for the windows user to be able to setup a scheduled task, this will not actually grab the guide data unless using an XMLTV grabber.

It seems with DVB Web Scheduler that there is no option to change the time offset, we are looking at ways around this now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dropbear

any news on a Media Portal walkthrough? :-/