Daylight Saving & Duplicate HD Channels

Started by ChrisW, October 07, 2018, 09:35:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChrisW

Something appears to have gone screwy with the duplicate HD channels with daylight saving.

On both my Skippa and Beyonwiz, the guides have the HD channel shows one hour earlier compared to their SD channel equivalent.

In addition, all my timers have doubled up for these duplicate channels, as the shows are not occurring at the same time. 

Tiphanee

Hi there ChrisW,

Many thanks for your note.

We're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Will advise when the schedule is back up and running as usual.

Have a lovely day,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

ChrisW

bodogbodog

Quote from: Tiphanee on October 07, 2018, 09:36:42 AM
We're aware of the issue and working to fix it. Will advise when the schedule is back up and running as usual.
Similarly impacted here in Sydney
Following this thread - can you post back in here when it's resolved along with what we need to do, if anything, to get our recording schedules working correctly
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

Tiphanee

Hi there bodogbodog -

Will definitely advise as soon as the issue is resolved.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

bodogbodog

Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

aeb001

I've just rechecked my device & recordings in the app / on pc still arent on the device for today. Can i make the suggestion AGAIN that IceTV sends an urgent email to all users notifying them to manual check / set recordings for any shows missing or they wont be recorded, just as I have missed out on seeing Bathurst today.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

csutak40

I seem to have a problem too.  Not just with the HD channels (I have my timers set to "prefer standard definition" but shows doubled up, repeats recording, things marked to record that I haven't set, etc.  Here is a screenshot of just one day
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

MD

Hi Judy,

My apologies for this inconvenience.

The daylight saving issue has caused the need for a huge EPG data correction nationwide.  As such my Guide Team will be working late into this evening to correct it.  I would ask that you hold off updating your PVR until tomorrow morning so as to be sure all the errors are removed.  Any recordings already set for this evening should be correct.

IanL-S

Not sure of this is the same issue, but for 7HD i have two different programs displaying at 11.30pm - see attached image. One of them is also scheduled at 12.30am. I also had issues similar to those Judy has.

I think part of the problem is that on Toppys (at least) the EPG data did not fully download when I set-up IceTV after doing the service scan. There were missing programs which eventually populated. But the error messages did not disappear. I suspect the problem is mainly with the way Toppys download EPG data and update timers. I also noticed some phantom one-time timers the cause of which I cannot ascertain. Have not noticed any major issues with T2 or U4.

See attached image.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

MD

Hi Ian,

I'm sure it's the same problem.

I you can wait until tomorrow morning to check as the guide team is working until late this evening correcting the daylight saving issues. Then we'll not confuse any different problems, if there are any.

csutak40

There is still something amiss here.  I have quite a few shows showing on IceTV as single recordings (although they apparently haven't transferred to T4) OTOH, I do have two recordings scheduled to record on the  T4 for the same show (one HD), which doesn't seem to be showing as such on IceTV
Also, tonight two versions of "The Project" recorded, although one of them was an hour early and really was the news.
So, something weird is still going on
Cheers,
Judy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi csutak40,

I have had a look at your account and things are definitely looking better now.

I do think at some stage you will need to look at updating your firmware as well, we are working on an email to send out soon to all affected customers with detailed instructions on how to update as there are some very big bug fixes that make the IceTV integration much better.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on October 11, 2018, 01:50:53 PM

I do think at some stage you will need to look at updating your firmware as well, we are working on an email to send out soon to all affected customers with detailed instructions on how to update as there are some very big bug fixes that make the IceTV integration much better.
I presume you mean firmware for IceTV, not Beyonwiz?  I'll await your email - wasn't aware that there were any firmware updates
Cheers,
Judy