Why is "The Block" named "The Block 2018"?

Started by DaveBinM, August 07, 2018, 07:49:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaveBinM

I've noticed that "The Block" has been named "The Block 2018", even though the season is (correctly) shown as S14. Naming it as "The Block 2018" makes it show up as a different show in my library, rather than making it show up as season 14 in "The Block" for me. Is there a reason it's being called "The Block 2018 - S14" rather than just "The Block - S14"?

Tiphanee

Hi DaveBinM,

Many thanks for your email.

With regards to your query regarding The Block, each season we have labelled differently.

For instance, last season was The Block: Street, and others have been labelled All Stars, Fans V Faves, Glasshouse, Sky High and Triple Threat. In 2016, it was simply labelled The Block 2016 and this year The Block 2018. We've done this as the show generally continues on as repeats on 9Life and this assists the Guide Team to differentiate between the seasons. We had considered labelling this series The Block:Gatwick but as 9 didn't use that title, the decision was made to call it The Block 2018.

Similarly, we have done this with some of the other reality shows, such as Australian Survivor, with the current season being referred to as Survivor: Champions V Contenders.

Hope this explains our logic behind the labelling of The Block.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

DaveBinM

Hi Tiphanee,

Thanks for the information, but on some DVRs (such as using Plex), this means the show isn't labelled as "The Block", and results in it either not recording (as I have a recording set up for "The Block" from previous years, but not "The Block 2018"), or recording duplicates once I rename it correctly after recording. I have noticed that some of the older seasons (such as the one ones on 9Live) are simply labelled as "The Block" and include either the season number or original airing date. Having it as "The Block 2018" or "The Block 2016" makes it much more complicated to deal with as an end user. I had a similar issue with Survivor where I missed the first episode recording because it was named differently. :(

Thanks!

David  :)

Mantorok

My IceTV app is showing The Block 2018 as To be advised for Sunday 7pm.  This is for Melbourne

Tiphanee

Hi there Mantorok and other forum users,

After some lengthy discussions in-house, we have decided to include The Block 2018 episodes under the one umbrella of 'The Block'. At present, they are showing on the guide as a TBA while the transition takes place and I expect it to be finalised by mid-morning tomorrow.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader