T2 Incomplete EPG Data

Started by raymondjpg, June 03, 2018, 09:08:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

For some reason my T2 only has a limited amount of EPG data, none on some channels, on Sunday 3 June, and forward through to Wednesday 6 June. It appears to be more complete from Thursday 7 June onwards.

Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

grumpy_geoff

Try a complete fetch - disable IceTV, then re-enable IceTV, then fetch.

raymondjpg

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 03, 2018, 09:45:42 PM

I will probably resort to that once scheduled timers have completed.

I've seen this "solution" proposed before, but it doesn't seem to me to address the issue that caused the incomplete EPG data in the first place. Fetches are continuing regularly but the EPG is not updating completely.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

grampus

Quote from: raymondjpg on June 03, 2018, 10:54:08 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on June 03, 2018, 09:45:42 PM

I will probably resort to that once scheduled timers have completed.

I've seen this "solution" proposed before, but it doesn't seem to me to address the issue that caused the incomplete EPG data in the first place. Fetches are continuing regularly but the EPG is not updating completely.
I have also experienced n event similar sometime yesterday.
I tried a number of things,
Fetch Epg and timers
No change.  the fetch was of about 1 second duration.
Disable and enable Ice.
Similar result.
disabled ice, No EPG momentarily, then FTA epg entries start to appear,  ran through the channels to populate.
Enabled ice,
did a fetch again.  this time the load took some time.   
All was well again.
couldn't really say that any of the actions were the thing to trigger the fix.
Prior to the occurrence, i hadn't done any config, fetching, or any activity that may have triggered the problem.
Just kept batting away till I had a result.
BeyonWiz, T3

Daniel Hall at IceTV

You can force a full refresh of the guide by re-running the IceTV setup wizard from the plug-in menu. I am looking at a way of forcing a full update from the server end as well to try and plug any gaps.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: grampus on June 04, 2018, 09:23:54 AM
I have also experienced n event similar sometime yesterday.
I tried a number of things,
Fetch Epg and timers
No change.  the fetch was of about 1 second duration.
Disable and enable Ice.
Similar result.
disabled ice, No EPG momentarily, then FTA epg entries start to appear,  ran through the channels to populate.
Enabled ice,
did a fetch again.  this time the load took some time.   
All was well again.
couldn't really say that any of the actions were the thing to trigger the fix.
Prior to the occurrence, i hadn't done any config, fetching, or any activity that may have triggered the problem.
Just kept batting away till I had a result.

Thanks for advising that you had a similar issue yesterday. I may raise a support ticket if Ice doesn't appear to be aware of it.

Disabling then enabling IceTV and fetch fixed the issue for now, but that seems to me to be addressing the symptom rather than the cause.

Something like this was happening to some Topfield PVRs when they took exception to some character(s) in the EPG, but my recollection was in that case the PVR would not accept the Ice EPG at all. In this case with the T2 the sparsely populated EPG appeared to be restored from mid-week onwards.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 04, 2018, 09:57:12 AM
You can force a full refresh of the guide by re-running the IceTV setup wizard from the plug-in menu. I am looking at a way of forcing a full update from the server end as well to try and plug any gaps.

Thanks Daniel. That has been done and my EPG is restored (for now) but have you any idea why the T2 (and perhaps other BW T/U PVRs) have this issue in the first place?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We are still tracking it down at the moment but it looks like a blip in the connectivity to our SQL server caused some caches on the server to get out of date and stop updating.

We are working on some updates so this doesn't occur again in the future, but also a way of forcing a full update from the server end so that 'if' something similar happens again we can push out a full guide update without any interaction required on the PVR.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Also this could have affect all Beyonwiz T and U series boxes, the Humax 2tune and Skippa's.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

raymondjpg

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on June 04, 2018, 10:37:50 AM
We are still tracking it down at the moment but it looks like a blip in the connectivity to our SQL server caused some caches on the server to get out of date and stop updating.

We are working on some updates so this doesn't occur again in the future, but also a way of forcing a full update from the server end so that 'if' something similar happens again we can push out a full guide update without any interaction required on the PVR.

Looks like you are on the case. Thanks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Ok, I have been able to have the server push a full update to everyone, this will fill in any gaps in the guide, will now work on a way to ensure this doesn't happen again.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

Thanks Daniel.

I am on the road at the moment and would not have been able to address this issue. Not sufficiently familiar with T2/U4 to known if this would stuff up any timers - at least I have not had any notification emails.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help