Guiltology running late

Started by prl, May 28, 2018, 06:53:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The last two episodes of Guiltology (Nine & Nine HD, Sundays 22:00) ran about 25-30 minutes later than scheduled. IceTV's schedule seems to be in line with the YourTV scheduled time for next Sunday (3 June), but the care factor at the broadcaster for timely scheduling seems to be at its usual low ebb.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

I agree with you.

I kept an eye on 9 last night as there was a time discrepancy between last night's ep and the encore of The Voice today. Unfortunately 20 minutes after the scheduled start time of 60 Minutes, The Voice was still broadcasting which bumped everything out.

Even with late afternoon checks (that show no change to the finish time), the Broadcasters make up their own schedule when they're programming 'live' shows.

We tend to have the same issue with Masterchef, although Ten generally do show a slight change in time on the day of broadcast of 10-15 minutes, however in most cases it still runs over.

Very frustrating indeed...

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

IanL-S

I have noticed that 9HD Melbourne is particularly bad. I do backup recordings now with my non-Ice TV Toppys using SmartEPG TMS with 30 pre and 45 minute post padding - sometime they inexplicably run early. I have found that even 45 minutes post padding is cutting things close.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help