PIMPmyMCE for Vista (version 2.06.00) is out now

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, February 28, 2007, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BJReplay

Quote from: Shane on March 09, 2007, 07:35:56 AM
I just wish now that the Xbox 360 could wake the PC across the network (ie Wake on LAN with a Magic Packet).

Then my green-conscious media center system would be complete :)

Regards,
Shane.

Shane, I don't own a 360, so this is probably a worthless suggestion, but...

Does a 360 include a browser?  If so, you could possibly borrow the dslreports wake on lan web page to wake your MC PC.

Shane

Nope no browser - MS don't plan on one at the moment either.

I've sent Larry Hryb (Major Nelson from Xbox Team at Microsoft) and email about it... so will see if anything ever eventuates.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

aswigon

Shane

Indeed - my padding has ceased working now since the 2.06.00 update, and my wife is beginning to question her faith in Media Center to record her shows... which is bad news for me :(

Any update would be appreciated.

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: MagpieMDP on March 10, 2007, 05:12:53 PM
Hi guys,  now that I am posting in the corerct thread....

I have installed PIMPmyMCE for Vista on my Vista Ultimate box and all seems to be working - well done.  I have one issue though, that is causing a minor inconvenience.  When Vista wakes from sleep mode, it can sometime take a minute or so to connect properly to my wireless LAN.  However, PIMP fires up and tries to connect immediately, and then sits there with a dialogue box saying it can't connect to the IceTV server.  In the meantime, my WLAN has connected and everything should be sweet.  I'm not sure if PIMP keeps trying after a failure or not.

Is there any way to set a delay time that PIMP could wait before trying to connect to the Ice server so this error message doesn't keep popping up?

Cheers,
Mike

Hi Mike,

What is the error message that pops up?

Generally if the application doesn't find a network connection it will just retry after a short period of time and no message is displayed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

We have a new version that fixes the padding issues, but the next release will also include a fix for new users not having there MCE ID registered and set correctly.

Hopefully this new version will be out in the next day or two.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

aswigon

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The new version (2.09.00) is now available on the server.

A notification with the list of fixes will be posted tomorrow.

For now the new version can be downloaded from the setup page at http://www.icetv.com.au/setupvistamce.shtml.

This can safely be installed over the top of the previous version.

In brief this has fixes for the padding issues, and people receiving "Internal Server Error" when trying to register their PC.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

aswigon

Thanks Daniel and everyone else at IceTV. Giving it a go now!

mattg

Any reason why the PIMP interface on the web is running so slowly.

freddyfinn

I keep getting a failure message in version (2.09.00). Communication failed with the supplied user information.  The remote returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
Pimp only connects occasionally.  I have no trouble logging in on the pimp web site.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: freddyfinn on March 20, 2007, 02:57:50 PM
I keep getting a failure message in version (2.09.00). Communication failed with the supplied user information.  The remote returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.
Pimp only connects occasionally.  I have no trouble logging in on the pimp web site.

More details on this can be found at http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=609.0
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.