PIMPmyMCE for Vista (version 2.06.00) is out now

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, February 28, 2007, 01:46:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

padster2000

It'll be interesting... remember that MCE can wake the PC from hibernation...

aswigon

aswigon

Quote from: Daniel Hall on March 06, 2007, 10:44:43 AM
Quote from: aswigon on March 06, 2007, 10:27:01 AM
I am starting to feel ignored.  ???

Sorry, it has been quite busy around here recently...  :D

However there is one thing that I would like you to check if you could. Specifically what the values are for two registry keys (and also what the PIMP client has the pre and post padding set to).

If you open the registry editor in Vista (just 'regedt32' from the "Start Search" box), than navigate to the key "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Media Center\Settings\VideoSettings", under here there are two keys that are relevent, and these are "RecordingSoftPrePadding" and "RecordingSoftPostPadding". What are these keys set to?

Post 4b0
Pre fffffda8

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: aswigon on March 06, 2007, 11:47:38 PM
Post 4b0
Pre fffffda8

These should correspond to padding settings in the PIMPmyMCE client of:

Pre Padding - 10 mins
Post Padding - 20 mins

Is this correct?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

aswigon

Hi Daniel,

Yes that is correct but shows are only being pre and post padded by 4 minutes.

Andre

padster2000

Quote from: aswigon on March 06, 2007, 11:46:21 PM
From Hibernation or from S3 Standby?

My PC is set to hibernate after 20 minutes of inactivity... MCE wakes it up for scheduled recordings. I'm heading off home soon to see if my scheduled task idea worked... keeping my fingers crossed!

aswigon

Quote from: padster2000 on March 07, 2007, 03:40:57 PM
Quote from: aswigon on March 06, 2007, 11:46:21 PM
From Hibernation or from S3 Standby?

My PC is set to hibernate after 20 minutes of inactivity... MCE wakes it up for scheduled recordings. I'm heading off home soon to see if my scheduled task idea worked... keeping my fingers crossed!

I hope it does work. Very handy if it does.

benneh

so are you guys aware of the channel dissappearance problems occuring with vista MCE in discussions here:

http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/vista-media-center-software/17078-loosing-channels-guide-disappearing-icetv-, vista-possibly-also-mce2005.html

if you're now offering support for Vista, I hope you have a working fix or there might be quite a few support calls

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: aswigon on March 07, 2007, 01:03:02 PM
Hi Daniel,

Yes that is correct but shows are only being pre and post padded by 4 minutes.

Andre

We should have a new version out shortly that will fix this.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

aswigon

Quote from: Daniel Hall on March 08, 2007, 03:47:01 PM
We should have a new version out shortly that will fix this.

Hi Daniel,

That's awesome! Any ideas on a timeframe? And will the new version work on XP MCE?

Andre

BJReplay

Quote from: aswigon on March 06, 2007, 11:05:10 PM
I honestly don't think that will work. Unlike Standby, Hibernation completely powers off the PC and thus scheduled tasks will not wake the PC.
Nope, they will.  Try it :)

How do you think MCE wakes from hibernate to record?

aswigon

I didn't know that it could wake from Hibernate. I only knew that it could wake from Standby. Awesome!

Shane

I just wish now that the Xbox 360 could wake the PC across the network (ie Wake on LAN with a Magic Packet).

Then my green-conscious media center system would be complete :)

Regards,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

padster2000

Quote from: aswigon on March 08, 2007, 09:09:47 PM
I didn't know that it could wake from Hibernate. I only knew that it could wake from Standby. Awesome!

Just confirming that it works to everyone, I've scheduled a task to wake the system up to perform a quick command (i.e. whoami) every 2 hours. It then goes back into hibernation 20 minutes after that. My PIMP client is set to update every 10 minutes to it should update within that window. So far it's been working fine! It will be nice when the PIMP client comes with the ability to wake up the PC itself at a user defined time interval,  but it's an easy workaround nonetheless.

MagpieMDP

Hi guys,  now that I am posting in the corerct thread....

I have installed PIMPmyMCE for Vista on my Vista Ultimate box and all seems to be working - well done.  I have one issue though, that is causing a minor inconvenience.  When Vista wakes from sleep mode, it can sometime take a minute or so to connect properly to my wireless LAN.  However, PIMP fires up and tries to connect immediately, and then sits there with a dialogue box saying it can't connect to the IceTV server.  In the meantime, my WLAN has connected and everything should be sweet.  I'm not sure if PIMP keeps trying after a failure or not.

Is there any way to set a delay time that PIMP could wait before trying to connect to the Ice server so this error message doesn't keep popping up?

Cheers,
Mike