Suggestion: flag repeats in "What's on" emails and app Recommendations

Started by prl, April 13, 2018, 12:17:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

The What's On This Week/Weekend emails and the app Recommendations often list repeats of popular shows. I have no issue with that, but I'd find it useful if they flagged whether the show is a repeat or a new show/series.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tiphanee

Hi prl,

Many thanks for your note and yes I agree - flagging repeats on the newsletter and app recommendations is a good idea. It's something that we're working on and should be available in the very near future, probably within the next month.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I see that the repeat marking in the IceTV recommendations has started.

Thanks to the IceTV content and software folk :)

Some interesting terminology, though. In the email version, repeats are just repeats, but in the app, Diana: A Love Affair is a "Top Repeat", and movie repeats are "Classic Movies", even when they're quite recent, for example The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014).

But no matter what the wording is, the information is appreciated.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Tiphanee

Hi prl -

Thanks for your feedback.

The repeat/classic tag is still a work in progress and should be ironed out in the next week or so. We agree that 'Classic' is not the best term when it comes to recent movies so this will most likely change to 'Repeat'. We are also looking at the placement of the word as it is not aesthetically pleasing.

Also being looked at is to include a 'Family' section.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

prl

Thanks Tiphanee.

I agree that in the Email version the "Repeat" tag looks a little bit squeezed in.

Now all that's needed is to get the Android app to actually work properly for movies and repeats. It's those issues that actually prompted me to ask for repeat flagging, because then I'd know that I need to use the Web interface rather than the app to set recordings for them. But that one's a software, not a content, issue.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I don't think that this week's repeat flagging is quite as good. All the repeated movies are flagged as "Repeat" rather than "Classic" in both the email and the Android app, though perhaps Peter Ustinov in Agatha Christie's "Evil Under the Sun" (1982) might count as a classic.

But Series 4 of The Thick of It isn't flagged as a repeat in either, even though the IceTV EPG correctly identifies it as a repeat.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use