Icetv has stopped scheduling shows

Started by charlotte, March 16, 2018, 10:30:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlotte

I've just noticed that icetv is no longer scheduling my shows. Most finish in next day or two and after that - nothing. I have tried resending data from app and also online, but no luck. My wifi is working fine and the blue dongle is flashing as it should be.

App says: account expiry date Tuesday 27 Feb 2018? But it's automatically debited each month. Also last update Friday 16 March 2018 and last epg program ends Thursday 22 March. But the epg program on the T4s is missing a number of shows.  Anything I added today is missing, but the problem is more than just today.

I have two T4s and both have the same problem.

grampus

Check the log n the T4, in the IceTv plugin.
The check out on the IceTv Guide website.
My account, guide setting, that should show when the last request came from the T4
BeyonWiz, T3

charlotte

Ps. I have just double checked and the second T4 is ok.
PPS. I rebooted the main T4 and everything has reappeared. 😊

charlotte

Thank you for your suggestions. I'm not always that lucky with a reboot, but I'm not complaining.

prl

Did the problem start after doing USB firmware upgrades on the T4s with with a restore from a settings backup that was a bit old?

That puts you into a state where IceTV thinks it has sent timers for your recordings, but the timers aren't there because an old set of timers was recovered from the backup.

To avoid the problem, do a settings backup just before you do a firmware upgrade from USB. If you forget, do a Resend all recordings for this device in My Account>My Recorders on your IceTV Web pages. Then do MENU>Setup>IceTV>Fetch EPG and update timers now on the T4 (or other T/U series Beyonwiz). That should get everything back in sync. Doing a reboot or a GUI restart on the T4 will do the same as Fetch EPG and update timers now, but it's less convenient.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing