Synopsis for Berlin Station 'Right Here, Right Now' makes no sense

Started by prl, February 26, 2018, 08:53:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Berlin Station 'Right Here, Right Now' (SBS & SBS HD, 22:45, Wed 28 Feb) synopsis:

"Hector lets Daniel and the neo-Nazis into his Spanish villa and as the others get settled. Daniel downloads an irate Hector."

Even if the first full stop is replaced by a comma to make it grammatical, it still makes no sense. It's the same on the SBS online EPG, so it's what IceTV is getting from them, but still...
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Alison

Hi PRL,

I don't know what the description writer was trying to say either? We are not meant to change the descriptions for SBS, but I removed the line 'Daniel downloads an irate Hector.'
Thanks for pointing this out.
IceTV Guide Team

prl

Thanks, Alison, but that still leaves the first sentence of the two both ungrammatical and nonsensical.

In that context, "as" takes two clauses: "as something happened, something else happened."

So the two sentences properly belong in a single sentence:
"Hector lets Daniel and the neo-Nazis into his Spanish villa and as the others get settled, Daniel does something for/to an irate Hector."

So, what's the right verb? Here I perhaps have an advantage, because I saw the end of the previous episode, "Everything's Gonna Be Alt-Right". When Daniel arrived at Hector's house in Spain, Hector was most displeased to see Daniel and his "friends". So I suspect the sentence should be something like:
"Hector lets Daniel and the neo-Nazis into his Spanish villa and as the others get settled, Daniel calms down an irate Hector."
or
"Hector lets Daniel and the neo-Nazis into his Spanish villa and as the others get settled, Daniel placates an irate Hector." (or "tries to placate")

Near the end of the previous episode, as Daniel tries to explain to Hector, out of the hearing of the others, what he was doing there, Hector tells him something like "If it goes wrong, I'll kill them. Then I'll kill you." He was not happy.

The IMDB synopsis is of little help, it's nowhere detailed enough, though they manage, within 14 words, to spell Hector's name two different ways.

But I understand that you're restricted in what you can to to SBS's words.

Meanwhile, Daniel continues to "download" Hector on the SBS Web guide :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Tezza007