Timer creation question.

Started by DeltaMikeCharlie, March 12, 2018, 10:53:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeltaMikeCharlie

I would like to know what ICE's recommended practice is when a timer is scheduled for a channel that has multiple LCNs associated.

For example, in Sydney, "ABC" is available on 2 LCNs: 2 and 21.

<channel id="2" name="ABC" name_short="ABC" network_id="2" region_id="1" is_hd="0" lcns="2,21" region_name="NSW - Sydney" network_name="ABC" is_hidden="0" icon_src="http://images.icetv.com.au/channels/abc1-v2.png" icon_width="0" icon_height="0">
  <dvb original_network_id="4112" transport_stream_id="545" service_id="545" />
  <dvb original_network_id="4112" transport_stream_id="545" service_id="547" />

</channel>

When a timer is created for "channel id=2", it theoretically should spawn 2 timers, one for each of the LCNs.

<timer id="1234567890" name="Grand Designs" device_id="1234" channel_id="2" show_id="137486682" start_time="2018-03-12T00:00:00+00:00" duration_minutes="60" action="record" state="waiting" message="Created with Interactive web interface." series_recording_id="0" keyword_id="0" pre-padding="-1" post-padding="-1" padding-type="" />

I know that I could: 1) ask the user to designate a preferred LCN; or 2) arbitrarily pick one, I'd just like to know what ICE would expect to happen.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

There are a couple of ways, in general if there are multiple LCN's available then the PVR should just arbitrarily pick one, on the server end we don't care which one it's on as long as it records on that channel.

The user has the option of specifying a particular LCN on the IceTV website (in My Account) and then only that LCN will be available in the feed which removes any confusion.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.