U4 EPG

Started by nodyel, February 02, 2018, 02:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nodyel

Hi,

Have just set up my new U4 and still exploring all the options.

A couple of questions with using it with IceTV...

1. In the EPG, some channels are not showing any programs:
    ABC News
    SBS ONE HD    (SBS ONE itself shows content)
    SBS Viceland HD
    SBS Viceland
    Food Network
    NITV
    C31
    7flix Melbourne

In my account, I have made sure that 'All' LCNs are selected (I had a chunk de-selected for my old Toppy to avoid the reboots). Do I have something wrong? Or is the problem elsewhere?

2. With my old toppy, I set up a timer to wake it up a couple of times a day to download any updated recording times that I set up or changed remotely. Does the U4 still need this, or does it keep it up to date whilst powered off (well, sleep mode)?

Cheers,

Mike.
Beyonwiz U4

prl

Quote from: nodyel on February 02, 2018, 02:23:48 PM
2. With my old toppy, I set up a timer to wake it up a couple of times a day to download any updated recording times that I set up or changed remotely. Does the U4 still need this, or does it keep it up to date whilst powered off (well, sleep mode)?

The U4 will update IceTV as normal if it's fully running or it's in standby. If it's in shutdown/deep standby, it can't update IceTV. So the answer depends on just just you mean by "powered off (well, sleep mode)".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

nodyel

Yep, thanks Peter - I meant standby.

I've found the logs and found it had been doing the update every 15 mins. All good  :)

Mike,
Beyonwiz U4

nodyel

And for anyone else regarding that may be interested, the missing channels issue was resolved by re-running the IceTV setup wizard - that forced it to do a complete update and pick up my changes in the enabled/disabled LCNs.

Thanks to Colin :)
Beyonwiz U4