"No matching service"?

Started by JayseeandDali, June 13, 2017, 04:13:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayseeandDali

I've just attempted via the IceTV webpage to schedule a series recording for Extreme Railways Journeys on SBS HD (Region: NSW-Newcastle LCN:30). The "notification of failed timer" email I received says this ...

Show Name:   Extreme Railways Journeys
Channel:   SBS HD
Time:   2017-Jun-14 19:30:00
Duration:   65
Device Label:   Beyonwiz T4
Device Type:   Beyonwiz T4
Message from recorder:   No matching service
Last Updated:   2017-06-13 16:03:53

What does "no matching service" mean exactly? I set a series record for Fargo on SBS HD and it works fine.

prl

What version of the Beyonwiz firmware are you running? There's an old bug that causes a "no matching service" error to be reported when the actual error is "timer conflict" (too many timers on different broadcasters).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

JayseeandDali

Thanks Peter ...

I deleted an existing timer and "Extreme Railways Journeys" is fine now.

And yes, it'd be the bug you speak of which I didn't know about.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't updated to v16.1 as yet but I shall.

I appreciate your assistance.

prl

Quote from: JayseeandDali on June 14, 2017, 03:25:52 PM
Thanks Peter ...

I deleted an existing timer and "Extreme Railways Journeys" is fine now.

And yes, it'd be the bug you speak of which I didn't know about.

I've been a bit lazy and haven't updated to v16.1 as yet but I shall.

I appreciate your assistance.

No problem.

v16.1 isn't a firmware version. It's a state of the merging from other upstream implementations of the enigma2 application that runs everything. Somehow it escaped into the Beyonwiz forum in the guise of a firmware version number.

The latest official firmware version is 20170310.

There's a known bug in 20170310 (and also in the latest beta 20170422) that stops the Dreamplex plugin from working. There's a fix in the pipeline, but it's not even available in beta yet.

If you don't use Dreamplex, there's no reason not to upgrade, though it's a bit tedious, because you have to reconfigure all your settings manually.

Unfortunately, if you do use Dreamplex, there isn't a firmware version that fixes the IceTV plugin bug, but doesn't cause the Dreamplex one. There is an alpha patch that fixes the Dreamplex bug, but installation isn't for the faint of heart :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Andrew Smith

I've just landed here after getting the same error message on the T4 using the latest firmware.  I think it might be legit this time as a re-scan of the tuners meant that "ABC HD" is now available as a channel.

Andrew