Netgear N300 Wifi Adapter not recognised on Beyonwiz T2/T3

Started by Rob VDN, December 18, 2017, 02:05:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob VDN

I'm hoping someone may be able to help me connect to the internet on my Beyonwiz. I purchased a Netgear dongle for this purpose but,after rebooting WLan did not come up as an option to connect to the internet. Has anyone come across this problem and solved it. Beyonwiz are suggesting I load the latest Beta software and try this. Any thoughts? Thanks.

prl

You'd probably be better off asking on the Beyonwiz forum. You may just need to download a driver for the dongle.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

Hi,

I'd suggest keeping it simple and buy a proper Beyonwiz one.

grumpy_geoff

What model Wi-Fi adapter is it, as you'll need that to determine the chipset used in it to then see if there's a matching driver for the chipset for the Beyonwiz T-series.

Does the adapter work fine if you plug it into a PC or laptop?

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on December 18, 2017, 09:54:49 PM
What model Wi-Fi adapter is it ...

The topic says Netgear N300 Wifi Adapter which I guess is Netgear WNA3100 N300, which is an 802.11b/g/n adapter, 2.4GHz band only. N300 seems to be the Netgear branding for 802.11n. A bit of Googling suggests that chipset of that device is BCM43231.

I haven't been able to find a driver plugin on the Beyonwiz T series that looks like it handles that chipset.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Rob VDN

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate your comments. I will try assistance through BeyonWiz but will likely go with their dongle.

IanL-S

An alternative would be to go with HomePlug (aka Ethernet over power lines). I used it for some years and it is much more reliable that wifi and easier to set up. There is a discussion of networking PVRs on the oztoppy wiki: http://oztoppy.wikidot.com/networkingyourtoppy.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help