Jack Taylor: The Pikemen

Started by raymondjpg, December 16, 2017, 12:07:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Sunday December 17 on 9Gem starting at 8.30 pm. 2011 vintage, so I can't believe that it is new to Australian TV, although it might be. Curiously Iain Glen, playing the lead character, is not listed as one of the actors. I haven't been taking notice, so 9Gem might have been running this as a series, although IceTV has The Pikemen listed as a movie so it may be just a one-off. In any case, I would rate the series of 9 Jack Taylor TV telemovies as entertaining, so worthy of a keyword favourite or recording. The last three episodes were screened about a year ago in the UK, I think on Channel 5.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tiphanee

Hi there raymondjpg,

Many thanks for your note regarding the Jack Taylor telemovies. From what I can tell, they haven't been run on Free To Air TV in Australia and 9Gem are marking them as premieres.  For now, I will keep them marked the same as I would hate for a subscriber to miss the recording.

If you can recall the Channel they may have screened on, please let me know and I'll do some further research.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tiphanee on December 16, 2017, 01:27:13 PM
Hi there raymondjpg,

Many thanks for your note regarding the Jack Taylor telemovies. From what I can tell, they haven't been run on Free To Air TV in Australia and 9Gem are marking them as premieres.  For now, I will keep them marked the same as I would hate for a subscriber to miss the recording.

If you can recall the Channel they may have screened on, please let me know and I'll do some further research.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

I found two references to Jack Taylor telemovies screened in Australia on 13th Street, the most recent being series 3 (three episodes) scheduled to screen November 2016 https://tvtonight.com.au/2016/11/returning-jack-taylor.html. Other than that I could find no other reference to FTA screenings, although I didn't look particularly hard.

The Pikemen is the second episode of the first series, and I don't know if 9Gem screened the first "The Guards" last week. Perhaps you can tell from any archival records you keep. The third in the series is "The Magdalen Martyrs", so if that is scheduled for screening next week then I'd suggest that Jack Taylor be listed by IceTV as a series. Otherwise, the listing of The Pikemen as a Movie is probably appropriate, if it is being shown in isolation. Who knows if 9 might have purchased the rights to the complete series, but if they have and they are indeed FTA premieres I'd expect "The Magdalen Martyrs" to be shown next week. If and when 9 might acquire series 2 and 3 is probably even more speculative, particularly given the relatively recent screening of series 3 in Australia and the UK.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

Tiphanee

Hi again -

I saw that reference as well but 13th Street is a subscription channel so I'll keep it marked as a Premiere for Free to Air. 

With regards to marking it as a series, I'll look ahead to see what's happening and adjust it accordingly if necessary.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tiphanee on December 16, 2017, 02:36:19 PM
Hi again -

I saw that reference as well but 13th Street is a subscription channel so I'll keep it marked as a Premiere for Free to Air. 

With regards to marking it as a series, I'll look ahead to see what's happening and adjust it accordingly if necessary.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

Thanks for that. I stuffed up with that TV Tonight reference, thinking it was series 2 shown on 13th Street a year ago, but it was series 3. I have since corrected it. So perhaps enough time has passed for 9 to have acquired rights to all three series. Well worth keeping an eye open for them.

Edit: Google found this

https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/show/Jack-Taylor:-The-Guards-tv-469876 days ago - 9Gem. Movie: Jack Taylor: The Guards. 9Gem, 8:40pm, Sun, 10 Dec 2017, 110 minutes. ON NOW. A stubborn dishonourably discharged Irish cop from Galway, uncovers a dark underground criminal network when he becomes a private investigator and is hired by the mother of a missing teenager. Directed .

Looks like a series to me!

Tiphanee

Hi again -

Further to our discussion yesterday, I am going to change the Jack Taylor programmes into a series this afternoon.  I'll send a note on the forum when it's completed in case you need to double check your recordings.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

raymondjpg

Quote from: Tiphanee on December 17, 2017, 01:36:48 PM
Hi again -

Further to our discussion yesterday, I am going to change the Jack Taylor programmes into a series this afternoon.  I'll send a note on the forum when it's completed in case you need to double check your recordings.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

I think that's appropriate, and the proof of this particular pudding will be if 9 screens "The Magdalen Martyrs" next week. Thereafter, whatever plans there may be for 9 to screen series 2 and 3 may become more clear.

Anyone who missed the first episode in this series 1 "The Guards" can find a catchup screening at https://www.9now.com.au/jack-taylor/1/episode-1. DRM will prevent any attempt to download the stream to a local device.

Tiphanee

Hi again -

Eps have been created now under the Series banner: Jack Taylor.  Yes Ep 3 has been added to the database for scheduling in the morning.

Have a lovely evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader