Failed to record movie: minions

Started by simoncasey, December 09, 2017, 09:26:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

simoncasey

As posted elsewhere on numerous occasions (and generally with little response) I am having an ongoing problem recording single movies from icetv on my BW T4. I create the recording and sometime in the days before the it starts, the recording disappears on the BW. I receive no error.

This time I created a screen shot of the icetv screen when I made the recording.

One thing I noticed is that the original recording was for 7 - 8.50pm bit the show actually changed to 7.30 to 9.20.

Fortunately in this case the TV was on at the time and I noticed that there was no recording so I created a r cording from the BW but over the last few months I have missed a number of movies that haven't recorded.

grumpy_geoff

Are you sure that the timer was sent to your T4, and was subsequently deleted? 

Given your observation of a time change, I guess it is possible that the IceTV server sent an "action forget" message for the original time and no "action record" for the changed program time.
Did you schedule it on the Wiz, website, or app?

I had sort of the opposite on Thursday, where the time changed on "Tonightly With Tom Ballard" and I ended up with two Ice timers relating to program starts of 20:55 and 21:00 .  So my T4 either never got the 'forget' message or ignored it.
That is not the first time I've seen that situation occur.

simoncasey

It's possible in this case that the recording never made it to the BW as I dont routinely check that recordings make it but in previous cases it has made it there only to subsequently disappear.

In this case I created the recording on the iPhone app.

My thoughts is that the time change appears to be a factor, most of the shows that have disappeared have been prime time on a Friday/ Saturday/ Sunday which is susceptible to programming changes. But that is what icetv is for. 

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on December 10, 2017, 12:26:48 AM
Given your observation of a time change, I guess it is possible that the IceTV server sent an "action forget" message for the original time and no "action record" for the changed program time.

It might have, but changes in recording times can simply be sent as a "record" action - the plugin recognises that the timer already exists, and changes to the new settings.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on December 10, 2017, 12:22:29 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on December 10, 2017, 12:26:48 AM

It might have, but changes in recording times can simply be sent as a "record" action - the plugin recognises that the timer already exists, and changes to the new settings.

Yes, I know time changes can be handled that way, but they aren't always.  I've seen them done both ways.

Thinking about my case some more, it shouldn't have mattered if Ice didn't send the 'forget' as the subsequent 'record' should've been picked up by the plugin as an update to the existing timer as the 'eit' was the same, yes?
The original timer was - ice_timer_id=16351171943908770110
The change was - ice_timer_id=16351763215228887394

<timer begin="1512650700" end="1512654600" serviceref="1:0:1:2E2:261:3201:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Tonightly With Tom Ballard" description="Series 1, Episode 4" afterevent="auto" eit="59724" tags="" disabled="0" justplay="0" always_zap="0" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" ice_timer_id="16351171943908770110">
<log code="0" time="1512650680">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20171207 2045 - ABC COMEDY - Tonightly With Tom Ballard&apos;</log>

<timer begin="1512651000" end="1512654900" serviceref="1:0:1:2E2:261:3201:EEEE0000:0:0:0:" repeated="0" rename_repeat="1" name="Tonightly With Tom Ballard" description="Series 1, Episode 4" afterevent="auto" eit="59724" tags="" disabled="0" justplay="0" always_zap="0" descramble="1" record_ecm="0" isAutoTimer="0" ice_timer_id="16351763215228887394">
<log code="0" time="1512650980">Filename calculated as: &apos;/media/hdd/movie/20171207 2050 - ABC COMEDY - Tonightly With Tom Ballard&apos;</log>

Cheers
Geoff

simoncasey

Plenty of speculation about why I keep missing recordings of movies but no response from icetv after posting about it three times. Should I just raise a support request?

Tiphanee

Hi Simon -

I believe the issues you're having are technical as opposed to guide changes.

Minions did move to 7.30pm on Sunday night as another programme was included in the schedule at 7pm.  This change to the guide was made on Friday during morning checks so it should have been in plenty of time for your PVR to receive the update.

I'll pass your issue on to technical support and have someone respond.

Cheers,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

simoncasey

Quote from: Tiphanee on December 13, 2017, 01:29:39 PM
Hi Simon -

I believe the issues you're having are technical as opposed to guide changes.

Minions did move to 7.30pm on Sunday night as another programme was included in the schedule at 7pm.  This change to the guide was made on Friday during morning checks so it should have been in plenty of time for your PVR to receive the update.

I'll pass your issue on to technical support and have someone respond.

Cheers,

Tiphanee

Thank. I've raised a support request as instructed and it sounds as if somebody is already working on the issue.