Keeping Australia Safe

Started by Carljh, November 22, 2017, 12:21:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Carljh

Tonight's episode of Keeping Australia Safe was listed as episode 1 and a repeat in the Adelaide guide but was in fact episode 3 which was new.  Luckily I checked the Freeview guide (which listed it correctly) as I thought it was a mistake and set it to record manually.

MD

Hi Carljh,

The ABC seem to have got their data in a knot and we go by the data that they supply to IceTV.

The ABC has yesterday's episode showing as Series 1: Episode 1 (with the
Episode 1 synopsis) and this is repeated on Thursday.  It should be
Episode 3.  We have changed Thursday's programme to Episode 3 and marked
it as a new show so anyone who missed recording Episode 3 last night can
record Thursday's episode.  ABC's programme guide on Keeping Australia
Safe also has the episode details scrambled. We have contacted ABC to
advise them of the errors.

Changing Thursday's repeat to a first run is a little risky but at least those that missed it should now get the recording.  In your case you can either delete that episode before airing or on the PVR after recoding.  It's a nuisance and I hope the ABC lift their game.  Why Freeview had accurate data while we did not will be investigated.

MD

Hi Again,

Just to increase the confusion I've attached a screenshot of the ABC's website showing tomorrow's repeat "Keeping Australia Safe".  They are calling it Episode 1 - Episode 3!! They tell us the they have screened episode 3 as episode 1 last week (?); episode 1 this week as episode 3 and next week will resume with 4,5 and 6. We don't know when ep 2 will be screened.  Tomorrow's repeat of ep 3 will be flagged a repeat as the recording yesterday was ep 3 and nothing was left out.  I hope that makes sense as it's doing my head in!!

Carljh

You're not alone,MD!  Might want to check out next Thursday's episode which, although listed as #4, is marked as a repeat.  With the number of mistakes over the last few months for which I am not blaming IceTV as you can only go by the info supplied to you, makes you wonder if the networks are doing this deliberately to discredit the company?? I am like a lot of people nowadays where most of my viewing is FTA but very rarely watch it live so that I can skip all the ads which must annoy the networks.

Another program to check is 'Before We Die' (SBS) lists episode 4 on Wednesday at 12.15am but not 3 episode which precedes it.  In the Freeview guide,episode 3 is scheduled for 10.30pm on Tuesday and 4 at 11.45 the same day.  With all the advertising for Freeview, guess they make sure their guide is correct.

MD

We have checked and believe we are correct.

Carljh

Yes, it is providing you are talking about being a repeat of the show on Tuesday night that is not shown in the Ice EPG for Adelaide (shown in Freeview).  Episode 3 of Before We Die is also still not shown in the Adelaide EPG.