IceTV - Notification of failed timer

Started by raymondjpg, October 11, 2017, 08:16:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

I have been getting some emailed IceTV - Notification of failed timers lately for a Beyonwiz DP-P2. I don't know how long I have subscribed to this error notification service but it seems to me that it was working fine for a while until I started to get these notifications recently.

They appear when a timer has already been set in the P2 but needs to be updated with a new start time from the IceTV server. Although I receive an IceTV - Notification of failed timer, and there is an error triangle next to the timer on the My Week web page, the new timer seems to have been set correctly in the P2.

Clearly something is not working as it should, and I would like to know if it is something that I need to address at my end, or if it is something that IceTV needs to address at theirs.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

That's a long-standing problem with IceTV on the DP series.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on October 13, 2017, 05:04:52 PM
That's a long-standing problem with IceTV on the DP series.

Though I have only noticed it recently. I have been advised by Colin O'Brien that "IceTV is working on our own work-around. Please bear with us as at least the show does record and only note the warning if it's a tuner collision or maybe a completely cancelled show.  I'd expect we will have a solution I've before November 1."
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

raymondjpg

Quote from: raymondjpg on October 13, 2017, 05:58:38 PMI have been advised by Colin O'Brien that "IceTV is working on our own work-around. Please bear with us as at least the show does record and only note the warning if it's a tuner collision or maybe a completely cancelled show.  I'd expect we will have a solution I've before November 1."

Looks like it has been fixed.