Display season and episode numbers on Topfield

Started by icedaddative, September 27, 2017, 05:47:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

icedaddative

In a separate thread (here: http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/icetv-epg-content/5/season-and-episode-details/5761/), I was advised that IceTV does provide season and episode numbers for programs (where available) in its feed.

However this info does not appear on my Topfield 2400 (nor on the web guide; nor in the iOS app).

Is there a way to get the season and episode numbers to appear on a Topfield?

Is there a TAP which reveals this information?

Thanks

prl

Note that that information about the transmitted EPG format only applies to the new IceTV server. AFAIK, that's only used by the newer Beyonwiz T series, the Skippa, and perhaps some newer Humax models.

It's not used by the older Beyonwiz DP series, nor, AFAIK, Topfields.

The Season/episode information may be in the data from the older server, or not. It definitely is in the IceTV database, though.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

icedaddative

Thanks prl

It would be great if someone could clarify whether the season and episode numbering appears in the feed to Topfield machines (though in reality it is only useful if there is a TAP that displays the data, which is my initial question)?

I am also interested to know whether the feed for Plex includes the season and episode numbering, and if so, does Plex DVR display it?

IanL-S

In the other thread Daniel says that the feed to Toppys does not include this information.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: IanL-S on September 28, 2017, 03:54:45 PM
In the other thread Daniel says that the feed to Toppys does not include this information.

Cheers Ian, specifically more information in this post
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

DeltaMikeCharlie

Perhaps a solution could be found using a similar technique to the "repeat flag" solution described here:

http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/general-discussions/1/feature-request-customised-repeat-flag/3622/msg17657#msg17657

That solution works rather well on my Topfields.