No signal on Skippa

Started by AndrewLindsay, October 12, 2017, 05:22:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewLindsay

My Skippa has stopped getting any signal from the antenna.  I've had a signal booster installed, but can't get any signal when the box is plugged in.  My TV gets excellent signal strength when plugged directly into the aerial.

Any suggestions on a fix, or is it a bin job?

IanL-S

I assume that you have tried a different coax lead.

We need to do some elimination of possible causes. First off, I assume that the SKIPPA is booting up properly, just no singal being received. If so we can probably discount an iffy power supply as the cause.

The build quality of the SKIPPA is rather poor, so it could just be a failing weld on the main board. If you really like your SKIPPA, then you could try getting it fixed. If you are in WA the people to talk to are Decisive Computer Solutions in Thornlie (9459 0165 or 0458 588 555) support@decisivecomputersolutions.com.au. Contact Mark and he will have some ideas on how to proceed (he has/had a SKIPPA so knows a lot about them). If you are in NSW you could try nasaelectronics,  an electronics repair company in Fairfield / 2165. You can contact them through their www site: http://www.nasaelectronics.com.au. I have have not had any dealings with nasaelectronics.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help