Poor remote response

Started by TimC, September 23, 2017, 10:13:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TimC

Lately my Skippa's remote response is not so good.
Its a bit like when there is no network. There will be no response at all for a few minutes and then it will work for about thirty seconds , then back to no response for a couple of minutes.

Timers are coming in fine so the network's ok.

Any thoughts?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

IanL-S

I assume you have tried replacing the battaries in the RCU.  :D. It could be that the infrared sensor on the box is fialing, or there is a loose connection between it and the main board. I assume that your have also tried a reset to factory settings and making sure nothing is interfereing with the signal from the RCU (for example phyical impediment, some sort of build-up on the front of the SKIPPA.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

TimC

Batteries are good. Its very like when there's no network, but the networks good. A restart goes through without getting hung up at the contact IceTV stage.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

It does sound like a network related issue, but its probably tied into the issues being discussed at http://forum.icetv.com.au/iceforum/beyonwiz/17/can-not-retrieve-channel-map/5752/

Once that is resolved it should go away.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ChrisW

I'm having exactly the same problem, starting about 2-3 weeks ago, as I reported in the thread mentioned above.

I have a backup Skippa for if/when the current one dies. To try and diagnose a hardware fault I tried an alternate power supply, and also swapped over the HDD to the backup.

The problem remained, so by my reckoning that rules out the Skippa hardware.

That just leaves internet/network and failing HDD, the latter of which I suspected the most. I was even making plans on how to copy off the recordings and reformat the disk, which I REALLY didn't want to have to do.

Seeing as yours is the third such Skippa report I'm now satisfied it is an ICETv server issue so I'll stop worrying, and hope for a solution by the ICE team.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The server issues have been resolved, any server related performance issues on Skippa are fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

ChrisW

Thanks Daniel.

Will let you know the result from tonight's viewing.

ChrisW

After a night's viewing, all back to normal.

Thanks Daniel.

TimC

I also found my problem.  A combination of a loose network cable (i.e. Intermittent Network connection) and a ASDL Line fault (sometimes running as slow as 0.2 Gbps.  Both at the same time.