The Wiz has gone berserk!

Started by csutak40, September 01, 2017, 01:00:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

TBH, I am not sure if this is a Wiz or an IceTV problem

I was fiddling in directories, looking for a particular recording.  All of the sudden I noticed that about 10 random shows were recording.  I thought I must have accidentally pressed the record button repeatedly somehow.
So I stopped them all and deleted them.
I then started watching a show and the "thinking" symbol showed up in the middle of the show.  I have never seen that before during playback.  When I was finished watching it, I tried to delete the recording but the remote just wasn't working.  I tried opening it on the web to take a screenshot, that refused to co-operate too.  Had to do a hard reset.
I then decided to go to the timers window, to see if any of those random shows showed up as failed recordings (they didn't)  I then discovered that dozens of shows are set to record, that i have never set.  There are more than what I have on the screenshot
What is going on?  What caused this and how do I fix it?
P.S.  I just discovered that it is definitely connected  to IceTV as all these shows are marked to record on IceTV as well (goes on fir the entire week, I only make a screen shot of a small part)
I will have to send the attachments separately, as it seem it is too much - it crashed
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Meanwhile, I started deleting all the rogue shows one by one (well, for Friday at least - hopefully the rest will fix itself) and thought I'd make a screenshot of the log itself, in case it means anything to anyone
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Part II
Cheers,
Judy

grumpy_geoff

Hi Judy,

Have you recently set up an IceTV keyword recording for the T4 that is simple enough to match these rogue timers?

csutak40

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on September 01, 2017, 12:55:01 PM
Hi Judy,

Have you recently set up an IceTV keyword recording for the T4 that is simple enough to match these rogue timers?
I did set up one:  desc:"Rachel Khoo"  I can't see anything different between this and some others
Cheers,
Judy

Daniel Hall at IceTV

With most of the changes for Win and 7flix out of the way I have had a chance to look into this one, and can see something weird going on.

I can see why the system tried to record everything in the guide (there was a series recording setup without being attached to an actual series) and this will be plugged, I am trying to track down how this particular series recording got created in the first place.

I can see that the series recording was created at 11:32pm last night, but I can't see what application created this series recording.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The good news is that this has been cleared up, will continue to investigate how the series recording was created in the first place.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 01, 2017, 04:28:26 PM
The good news is that this has been cleared up, will continue to investigate how the series recording was created in the first place.

Daniel, can I assume from that that there's nothing that needs to be done on the T series Beyonwiz end of this?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Quote from: prl on September 02, 2017, 12:36:13 PM
Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on September 01, 2017, 04:28:26 PM

Daniel, can I assume from that that there's nothing that needs to be done on the T series Beyonwiz end of this?
I think I must have stuffed up when I was fiddling with Rachel Khoo.  I set up a timer, discovered that I accidentally set it for the T2, so changed it and it to T4 but it just disappeared.  So, I set up a new one.  I must have somehow deleted the name of the show as well on the "lost" one.
Trust me...
Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

I really don't think these two things are connected, but...
I have noticed in the last few days that every so often a show records twice.  The times aren't exactly the same, I noticed (just a few minutes difference)  At first (as I manually deleted all the unwanted shows for Friday) I thought I may have missed deleting a show, but it is still happening.
As I was making screenshots,

I thought I'd have a look at the timers listing at the list of shows already recorded, to see if those shows are showing twice there as well.
This is when I got really confused.  There are quite a few shows there listed twice (and although I am sure that every doubled up recording I noticed had a bit of a time difference, these are all exactly the same time) but most of those did NOT record twice.
So, now I am at a complete loss as to what's happening and why

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy