EPG blank for ABC2

Started by simoncasey, August 24, 2017, 06:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel Hall at IceTV

I do have some more information now though, the shows that were for that day on ABC2 were entered into our database by 1:44pm on the 18th, then at 1:54pm on the 18th your Beyonwiz downloaded 75 show entries (which matches up to how many shows were added for that day).

Now we are definitely hitting a conundrum, and might need some additional information from the box, as from what I can see in the logs all of the shows were correctly sent to your PVR but they may not have been processed correctly.

prl, do you know of a way to get extended longer term logging from the IceTV plugin to try and track this down?
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

I do not look at the T2 EPG often. Only do so via www interface. I prefer watching on my ancient Toppys. I did not think of checking either of my SKIPPAs.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

simoncasey

I only notice it when I'm changing channels and the now and next is blank.

The issue it causes on the Tx is that without an EPG you can't create an instant recording of the show that is currently on. Otherwise it is an annoyance rather than an issue. It hasn't affected series recordings as they still happen independent of the EPG.

It might be worth looking at what was unique about the data that did make it to the EPG compared to what didn't. Utopia was the first show on the EPG where it was ok but there were a couple of shows at around 4pm that were also there.

prl

Quote from: Daniel Hall at IceTV on August 25, 2017, 11:13:13 AM
prl, do you know of a way to get extended longer term logging from the IceTV plugin to try and track this down?

There are two things that could be done for existing logging information: enabling the logging in the IceTV API, and preserving the IceTV user log to file.

You can enable the API logging information by opening the MENU>IceTV popup, and then prssing CH+ to increase the debug level and CH- to decrease it. The maximum debug level is 4 (4 presses of CH+). Debug 4 gives you a trace of all the messages between the Beyonwiz and the IceTV server, but not much about what the Beyonwiz does with the data.

Saving the IceTV user logs to file would require a modification to the Beyonwiz IceTV plugin. The log is normally held in memory and is restricted to 40 entries. It doesn't log to the normal debug log file (when that's enabled).

It would be easy for me to add sending IceTV user log entries to the debug file, but then you'd need to get the modifications out to the people having the problems. If you're able to test the issue in-house at IceTV, I could send you the modifications in a simple pair of install/uninstall scripts to run on the Beyonwiz.

The IceTV logging information is pretty limited, though, and may not give you anything illuminating about the problem beyond the fact that the EPG update has been processed.

One possible thing to look at is that on the Beyonwiz end, when a new IceTV EPG entry is added to the Beyonwiz EPG cache, all existing cache entries that overlap the new entry are deleted from the cache. If there are time overlaps in the IceTV EPG data, that might cause data to go missing from the EPG cache even though it's in the IceTV data sent to the Beyonwiz. A series of shingle-overlapped entries, like 20:00-20:31, 20:30-21:01, 21:00-21:30 would cause all but the last of the shingled entries to be deleted as the later entries in the sequence were entered into the EPG cache. That seems unlikely, though.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing