Icetv not syncing well with Beyonwiz T2

Started by Funjunkie6, July 11, 2017, 10:56:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Funjunkie6

Howdy.
i am subscribed to Ice TV and downloaded the plugin for my T2. i logged on to Ice TV via my T2. checked the Log - all good.
Logged in to Ice TV App on my iPhone and programmed some recordings. Pressed the Update button on the Ice TV App - all seemed ok.
but, i only have 2 of 10 or so Timers set on my T2. i then went into the Ice TV plugin on T2 and did a manual fetch. It said it was successful. Checked the log - it said timers downloaded successfully, but they are not in the T2 timer list.
i have rebooted T2 and rebooted the GUI as well.
any ideas please, otherwise i may as well unsubscribe from Ice TV.

thanks.

scotty

I'm also having trouble with timers on my T4 and T2.
Timers removed through the Ice app or website are not being removed from the Wiz.

Scotty

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: scotty on July 11, 2017, 11:21:04 AM
Timers removed through the Ice app or website are not being removed from the Wiz.

Same with my T4; a timer deleted yesterday via "My Week" on the web site still hasn't been removed from the T4.

scotty

Quote from: Funjunkie6 on July 11, 2017, 10:56:05 AM
Howdy.
i am subscribed to Ice TV and downloaded the plugin for my T2. i logged on to Ice TV via my T2. checked the Log - all good.
Logged in to Ice TV App on my iPhone and programmed some recordings. Pressed the Update button on the Ice TV App - all seemed ok.
but, i only have 2 of 10 or so Timers set on my T2. i then went into the Ice TV plugin on T2 and did a manual fetch. It said it was successful. Checked the log - it said timers downloaded successfully, but they are not in the T2 timer list.
i have rebooted T2 and rebooted the GUI as well.
any ideas please, otherwise i may as well unsubscribe from Ice TV.

thanks.
Hi Funjunkie6,
Do you have more than one T2 device listed under My Recorders on the Ice website?
When you first setup Ice on the T2 it will create a device itself, so you may end up with two if you manually created a device through the website.
If that's the case you'll need to change the recordings that aren't showing up to use the other T2 device. Then the superfluous device can be deleted.

If that isn't the case, you may want to try hitting "Resend all recordings for this device" under My Recorders on the Ice website.

Scotty

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on July 11, 2017, 12:20:02 PM
... Same with my T4; a timer deleted yesterday via "My Week" on the web site still hasn't been removed from the T4.

I was able to replicate this problem.

I haven't been able to replicate Funjunkie6's problem, but I've asked him some questions on the Beyonwiz forum about his initial setup of IceTV along the same lines as scotty's questions.

I'm about to do some testing on the deletion problem to try to localise it.

Both problems were initially reported on the Beyonwiz forum, and there has been discussion of both problems there. The problem reported by scotty. The problem reported by Funjunkie6.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

On scotty's and Grumpy_Geoff's deletion problem, it appears that if I create a series recording on the Web page, and then delete individual episodes of the series, they are deleted properly from the Beyonwiz.

If I delete the series, its timers remain on the Beyonwiz, because the IceTV response in the update I do after deleting the series has no "forget" timer entries in it.

It looks like a server-end problem.

I'll do some more testing, including setting and deleting one-off recordings.

I've been testing on ABC ME's "BTN Newsbreak".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Also, Funjunkie6's issue got me wondering: in the IceTV app, when you create a recording in the app, when does the request for the recording to be set get sent to the IceTV server. From other behaviour of the app, I suspect that it's not until you do a Sync in the app. Is that correct?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on July 11, 2017, 02:15:50 PM
On scotty's and Grumpy_Geoff's deletion problem, it appears that if I create a series recording on the Web page, and then delete individual episodes of the series, they are deleted properly from the Beyonwiz.

Yes, same experience

If I delete the series, its timers remain on the Beyonwiz, because the IceTV response in the update I do after deleting the series has no "forget" timer entries in it.

Haven't tried that.

'One-offs' aren't being removed for me.

Funjunkie6

Hi All,

issue resolved.

i logged into the IceTV website, then My Account, then My Recorders. i saw my T2 listed. clicked Settings, then clicked on "Resend all recordings for thyis device".

it appears Beyonwiz just wouldn't update via the IceTV iPhone app, or the IceTV iPhone app ccouldnt update the Beyonwiz (no blame - haha).

see the attached screenshot from the My Account IceTV webpage.

MD

Yes you can't administer recorders from the app, only a browser for the website (which could be done on a smartphone).

prl

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on July 11, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

I just tried it and I had the same, that a one-off wasn't deleted from the Beyonwiz, because the update list from IceTV didn't have the timer "forget" entry.

In testing that, another long-standing error came up. Sometimes when I set a one-off recording in the IceTV Web page, the timer is sent to the Beyonwiz correctly on the next update, the Beyonwiz sets the timer and responds to IceTV that the timer has been set. But the status of the timer doesn't change on the IceTV side; it stays as "Queued Single Recording", even though it should have changed to "Single Recording".

Because the recording stays stuck on "Queued Single Recording", if it's deleted from the Web page, IceTV doesn't send a "forget" timer entry for it, because the server side doesn't think it's necessary.

When I last reported this Daniel Hall investigated it and said that he'd seen an anomaly, but it doesn't seem to have been fixed entirely.

Note that this second case is a different problem from the one scotty reported.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on July 11, 2017, 05:03:06 PM
Quote from: grumpy_geoff on July 11, 2017, 02:21:39 PM

I just tried it and I had the same, that a one-off wasn't deleted from the Beyonwiz, because the update list from IceTV didn't have the timer "forget" entry.

To form part of a test, I sent a single timer from the web page and it was received on the T4.
I identified two more timers I could remove from the T4.
I waited two full fetch cycles, and then via the web page, I removed the one-off timer above, and an existing single episode of a keyword recording, and an existing single episode of a series recording.
On the T4, two of the three timers were deleted; for episodes from (i) the series recording and (ii) from the keyword recording - as expected, given the issue we're experiencing, IceTV has left the one-off single recording timer remaining on the T4.

If IceTV support are interested -
ice_timer_id="1499821305" (one-off timer not removed)
ice_timer_id="16308666889687844388"
ice_timer_id="16308667886170571913"

Cheers,
Geoff

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Cheers for the heads up guys, I am testing this one internally and hope to have some more information soon.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Definitely taken longer than I would have liked, but this one has been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

grumpy_geoff

By 'this one', do you mean that both: (i) timers from a deleted series, and also (ii) deleted one-off recordings are now removed from the target device?
Or do you mean the 'Queued Single Recording not changing to Single Recording' issue?.