Skippa not connecting to Ethernet

Started by keithr, June 25, 2017, 09:47:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

keithr

The Skippa was apparently working OK, but then it locked up and did not respond to the remote. I did the usual thing and disconnected the power for a minute and reconnected. The reboot got as far as connecting to IceTV and stopped with an error. Looking at the network page, it said that the network was disconnected.

The Skippa is on a cabled connection, I have tried replacing the cable, and switching ports on the hub with known good ones with no result. Looking at the Ethernet socket, the amber connection state light comes on early in the boot process, and the activity light flashes, but after a few seconds they both go out and do not come on again. I have power cycled the unit several times always with the same result.

The Skippa works OK in offline mode, but obviously that is undesirable.

Any ideas?

MD

Hi Keith,

As you probably know the Skippas are notoriously unreliable. A pity as with some more development as they could have been really good PVRs.  Your Skippa sounds like it's at the end of its life but our Skippa forum may have some suggestions or want to take it off your hands for spare parts.

TimC

Before you give up, try a factory reset then put in your settings again.  if that doesn't work try formatting the drive as well. Mine has come back from all sorts of weird behaviours after a format. 

In addition, the Skippa can be difficult to pry away from a wireless network setting, or a bad network setting.  It tells you everything is OK when it is failing to connect.  The only ways to confirm it is connecting is to ping the address from a computer on the same network.

Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)